Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I became a member right after I bought my 94 Bronco in Dec 2012.

In August of 2013, I made the fool mistake of putting in the hands of a mechanic I was referred to by a buddy who was in a classic car club. I'd seen the guys work on some of the club cars and thought I was in good hands. The 8 week re-panel/repaint project has now turned into 22 months and my previously perfectly running yet slightly rusted Bronco is on all four wheels, but not drivable and in pieces. Here's a small example

I honestly no idea what to do now. I had it towed to my place, but need to get it somewhere to be put back together before the HOA complains about it sitting in front of my house.

Sorry to vent in my intro, but I seriously have nowhere to turn and am a complete Bronco newbie!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Welcome to the site brother, we're not far apart

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Looks like it has new quarters on it, shouldn't be hard to put back together. Plenty of rust free core supports in the junkyard here.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Pictures and Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

You can click on "Vote for TOP 4X4 SITE" On the bottom of my signature or go to "Other Forums".

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have all the pieces? Does it drive?
It is not currently drivable.....however, thanks to this forum, I have a member who is working on putting it back together and getting it roadworthy!

(THANKS DEAN - GetBent4x4!!!!!!):beer

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bummer on the mechanic, been there, done that. Now I try to do it all myself. Welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I'm pleased to say that aside from rear suspension work, I'm very close to getting my Bronco back, all in one piece and operable! A big thanks again to Dean (getbent4x4) for all his hard work!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Another Dean that's into Bronco's in the DFW area?

Gotta meet this guy.

Signed,

Dean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picking up my bronco today from Dean (Getbent4x4) and I'm stoked! Had a little faux pas with my new rear leaf springs (ordered from jbg and didn't read the fine print when it said 2" higher than stock!) so dean had to replace the driveshaft as well to help reduce some vibration. But, at least it's in running and drivable condition now for the first time in over 2 years!! Huge thanks to Dean!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts