Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I need help with guys, I have a 1990 Bronco with 351 W (headers is about all it has), stock drivetrain, lifted with skyjacker 8 inch suspension and 3 inch body and 40's. Obviously drives like a pig and is nothing more than a mall crawler with the stock axles.

I've decided that starting next season I'd like to get it in the mud runs they have around here. I don't have the money to build a motor to have a chance in the 40's class. I plan to enter in the 35 division more than likely.

I have 2 grand. What would you guys recommend doing with the money? Buying a different project to start over is not an option.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sell your 40's and that 3in body lift, get 4.56 gears and lockers and find some decent used 35's and with 8in of lift 35's will look small...

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
sell the 40's and the body lift. Do an sas and swap in a running motor, or find a junked 351 swap parts around
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
broncoorboat said:
sell the 40's and the body lift. Do an sas and swap in a running motor, or find a junked 351 swap parts around
just my 2 cents
Not sure what you meant by the motor part. The motor is a good running 351 Windsor. Only mod done to it is some long tubed headers. I belive you have to get shorties when you go SAS. That was what I was thinking go with maybe a 3/4 ton setup (8 lug dana 44 with mayeba 14 bolt out back) with some smaller tires, and that would probably be about good. Maybe some motor work or a spool.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
oh i thought you meant it was not running.

·
ladies enjoy his
4,277 Posts
swap in a solid axle on the front and get rid of the body lift

uuh oh yeah, lockers front and read and 4:56 gears

then i guess with whatever u have left over (haha...left over) go for some simple stuff for the engine and hp (K&N cold air, shorty headers, y pipe, high=flow cat)

but deff do a sas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts