Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'67, 200 auto. Been sitting, garaged, since '99. Going to tear down the 200 and rebuild it for now and hit all the other necessities to get it on the road. That way it's a driver while I build up a fun drivetrain (no clue on what though).

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot the best part... $100 cash and a full detail on their mini-van. :beer

·
Registered
161 Posts
Damn! Great find and a freakin' awesome deal....you suck ;), seriously though, super lucky find!!

I got kind of lucky a few years back, snagged a 1971 Fastback, 351 Cleveland, 9 inch rear (only thing that sucked is it has an FMX auto trans). One day soon I hope to be able to start work on her...right now the BKO is priority, and even it is waiting since it isn't a high priority (new born son gets priority:thumbup )

From the pics she looks in really good shape, both inside and out. As for the drivetrain to go with later, a 427 would be sweet, but I think you could have going out of the box...maybe build the 6 up and supercharge it! There are some serious 6 bangers out there, a few websites for them as well.

Or you could even try the route of a newer engine, maybe the new 302 overhead cam engines hitting the Mustangs.

Or you could just go for a stock rebuild, enjoy the mileage and cruise her all over the place!

No matter what, make sure it is what you want to do and don't worry what others say when you are done, she is your baby now!!

Mike

·
Registered
670 Posts
are you on any mustang sites? instead of rebuilding the 200 you could probably have a used 302 roller, T5 and a decent carb and intake for less then 1k, it would be more fun than the 200 untill you decide what you want to do with it

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I was going to ask where some of you guys hang out as far as Mustang forums...

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
Nice. The 200 is a trusty motor. You might enjoy it.
While the motor is out would be a good time to take a real close look at the shock towers. That's the biggest problem with 67-70 Mustangs.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
We used to have a 65 coupe. At least about 13 years ago you could buy things for those for barely more than the price of dirt. It was great.

I want to get a 65-66 or 67-68 coupe....Build it into a track car (road race) but keep it streetable. Maybe in the next few years.

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice. The 200 is a trusty motor. You might enjoy it.
While the motor is out would be a good time to take a real close look at the shock towers. That's the biggest problem with 67-70 Mustangs.
Noted, thanks.

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you on any mustang sites? instead of rebuilding the 200 you could probably have a used 302 roller, T5 and a decent carb and intake for less then 1k, it would be more fun than the 200 untill you decide what you want to do with it
Oddly enough I just ran across a 5.0 FI complete out of an '86 Mustang GT with an AOD for $250 obo with 54k. Might take substantially less time than rebuilding the 200.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Oddly enough I just ran across a 5.0 FI complete out of an '86 Mustang GT with an AOD for $250 obo with 54k. Might take substantially less time than rebuilding the 200.
if the engine and tranny run good id jump on it, once you factor in the price of the new parts and machine work for the I6 going V8 to begin with would make more sense as long as your not going for a numbers matching car or anything.

and as far as sites go i visit some of the bigger sites like corral.net sometimes but your local sites are better for finding cheap lightly used stock and performance parts, not paying for shipping saves you alot of money

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A #'s matching restoration would cost way too much. Rather have a solid, reliable driver I can pass to one of my girls at some point and have fun with before then. I'm not sure yet if it's #'s matching. If so I'll save all of the original stuff.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I got you beat. when I was 16 I got a '66 parts car for crossfenceing a small pasture.
That was back when I toughts Mustangs were cool, now I despise those cars.

Good luck with it and get rid of the gay 4 lug when you put a real engine in it.

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good luck with it and get rid of the gay 4 lug when you put a real engine in it.
One of the first things I'd like to do is a 5 lug conversion and a 4 wheel disc set up.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
The 4 wheel disc would be nice but at the very least go with discs up front. Rear drums ain't that bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts