Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im not exactly new to the forum or to the mechanic or 4x4 world i guess i posted this here just becaus this is a new subject for me so any way here goes

i have a 95 f150 sitting on 6inches and 35's its locked front and rear and is a fairly capable trail rig but i want more im going to remove the box cut about a foot and a half out the frame then build a custom flat bed. becaus i will be removing some of the frame i will be doing a triangulated 4 link on the rear with the front end im going to keep the ttb and place some coil overs on the front and rear but what i am having trouble with is determining the spring rate prior to ordering my shocks in addtion to this im not sure what length of shocks to order for the best articulation i do know that i do not want shocks that i will have to loose the limited bed space i will have due to shock hoops required if i went with 16 or 18 inch travle shocks so if any body has under went the coil over process some help would be much apreaciated.:beer

·
Registered
710 Posts
someone just posted a thread in the last couple of days here in this forum called "all around steel bumpers" or something like that. He was referring to an exoskeleton on his rig, but anyhow, look for it it should be within the first 3 pages of posts.

someone posted a picture of a rig that sounds like what you're wanting to build, or close to it anyhow. you might be able to get some info from them.

someone on here will be along who knows exactly what you're looking for I'm sure, but until then go check that out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
been doing a little reserch on for my up coming build though i originaly planed on keeping the ttb, its begining to look like it will be a pain in the but to find hard core parts for the d44. so im thinking on a SAS to a D60 and if i swap the front i might as well swap the rear to a full floater so another d60. but my question is how do E-lockers hold up in comparison to the ARB? when i swich axles i also plan on jumping up to a 4.88 and doing lockers agian i have arb in my current axles should i stick with what i know or are the e-lockers better?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts