Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving my upper shock towers up a bit since I broke one of the stock ones but I need something to attach the shocks to the plate I am making the tower out of. I am looking for something like the bolt in this picture

I have seen one at the zone but the stud that attaches to the chassis is only 1/2 inch. I have 1 from way back when that I got with shocks I purchased that has 5/8 fine tread attachment point. Any ideas?

Oh I would like to get locally because I am impatient and need shocks on my truck this weekend.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
I remembered why I could not find my spare shock stud:

The bracket that holds the steering stabilizer has the stud welded in after I modified some.

Have you called napa, or better yet stop in there with a pic like you show and see if they have it.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
bag full of metal has landed.

Remind me when I'm a geezer....find something better to do than sit out front of your garage in your lawn chair. Just sittin there, all day long.....maybe if I was on a cruise ship or an island somewhere drinking my Corona, but not out front of the house.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mad did killer welding on my bent up steel plate. hopefully I will not rip these up but I can not complain about the stock ones, they lasted a while.

The old broken one

the new

Side by side

And on the truck

I am getting the shocks today. Damn parts store gave me shocks with the wrong size lowers 12mm, (or maybe 7/16) vs 1/2 not much different but I could not get my 1/2 bolts in the hole:whiteflag

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
those cleaned up nice.

I saw your pic on your CO2 bottle holder, looks good. Is that 1/8th inch you bent to a round? I'd like to try and weld all those little flaps, have to turn the heat down some. Get it all together and then you could flap it.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
those cleaned up nice.

I saw your pic on your CO2 bottle holder, looks good. Is that 1/8th inch you bent to a round? I'd like to try and weld all those little flaps, have to turn the heat down some. Get it all together and then you could flap it.
I am hoping to have it usable on Saturday. The design is progressing. Welding would add a bunch of strenght.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea they came with the shocks that I ended up getting, so now I have 3 extras:upup: I did find one little issue, when I measured I did not account for the 3/4" that the mounting bolt moved the shock inboard, the shock is a little askew :brownbag

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,881 Posts
so what length shocks are you going with?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts