Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st- nevermind the horrible front bumper. I still havn't decided what I'm doing to replace it, so it's there till I plan out what I want. I know it's fugly, and it's my own dang fault. :doh0715: feel free to make fun of it!

got a matching set of 4 36x13.50x17" iroks. front is at 30%, rears are 40%. mounted on crager soft 8s.

fenders cut 3" and rolled in at a 90* angle for another 1" for 4" total taken off pics-

plus my toolbox a co-worker gave me for free, It locks and everything. my hi-lift, come-a-long, tow straps water oil etc all fit in there with plenty of room to spare. It's quite convienent to have a locking storage place, just wish I could have done something with slide out drawers. Oh well it was free.

I plan to do some gears next and maybe a rear locker as well. for now it's just a low-buck beater. I have about 1100$ (including 600$ for the truck) into it so far, and that was a lot in simple repairs like brake lines, gaskets, and smog equitment.
-Justin

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I was planning on taking it out today to test out the tires (only day off) but my battery tray was way rusted out and plus I needed to cut the fenders. here's the battery tray-

I welded in some angle iron and I'm going to weld in a piece of 1/8" from the back as well, just to make sure. It's odd, that's the only rust/corrosion on the truck, being from California.
-Justin

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I'd rather take a dump in a paper bag and sniff it like I have OCD, than look at that bumper one more time.

I dig the wheels though.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
So do you have a 3in suspension lift, plus your cut fenders then? Cuz I may be getting some 36 iroks for a good price and I have a (At least I was told its a) 4 inch lift and I didn't want to cut my fenders, which makes me wonder if they will fit without rubbing or anything.

and that box fits in there very well, I agree with you that it would be sweet to have something with sliding drawers, But the lid will be better for all around use, I have gotten stuck once pretty bad to the point that I couldn't open the tailgate because it was on a hill, and if you cant open the gate, I dont think you would be able to open the drawers very much

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd rather take a dump in a paper bag and sniff it like I have OCD, than look at that bumper one more time.

I dig the wheels though.
Sorry. :whiteflag I will take it off next time for pics and start redoing one...no joke...I need the encouragement! thanks for the comment on the wheels tho.. I didn't want 17"s, but I got em all mounted off a buddy's truck, so it worked out well.

So do you have a 3in suspension lift, plus your cut fenders then? Cuz I may be getting some 36 iroks for a good price and I have a (At least I was told its a) 4 inch lift and I didn't want to cut my fenders, which makes me wonder if they will fit without rubbing or anything.

and that box fits in there very well, I agree with you that it would be sweet to have something with sliding drawers, But the lid will be better for all around use, I have gotten stuck once pretty bad to the point that I couldn't open the tailgate because it was on a hill, and if you cant open the gate, I dont think you would be able to open the drawers very much
yes. coil bucket drop in front. It measured 3.5", but actually lifted it about 3" or so. I have a 2" block in the back, and usually have the top off. Eventually my plan on doing a rear shackle flip when I find some decent used 4" lift springs to go with it. as for the fenders, I measured up 3", marked it, cut along that line and then used channel locks to bend a 1" lip kinda like the factory. I havn't wheeled it so I don't know if it rubs. If they do I'll just cut more, no biggy. :rockon
-Justin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts