Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to trade my seats for something simpler, and lighter.
I just finished the Herculiner project (pics to come soon) and the lether captain seats are just way to heavy, complicated, and to overkill for my taste.
I have the ones with the lumbar support and control.

What seats can I find that are cheap, light, and is an easy swap?

Please post like year/make/model if it is from another vehicle.
Thanks.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
I used Bronco II seats in my 79. They bolted right up and are comfy. You could use Aerostar seats too.

·
Registered
529 Posts
My buddy as Astro van Capt Chairs in the front...work great, and all the power accesorys also mated up, if that's a need for you.

JD

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would Dustin, What kind of condition is your bench in?
JK

I would really like Corbeau seats but I think i would have a hard time selling my seats for the $800.00 to pay for Corbeau's

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got my seats out of a mitsubishi Eclipse... I really like them they are comfy and hold you in place.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,677 Posts
Can anyone post some pics of a nice seat swap?
I've busted my passenger seat, taking big fella's out wheelin with me. Funny how you can make a man over 250lbs. move like a paint can in a shaker! Tends to be pretty rough on the seat frames though.
Anyway... I've been looking into benches and regular single seat replacements, but I really don't want to go out and buy something and then spend days fabricating a way to anchor. I'm not a welder and the thought of wood blocks makes me cringe.

Any pics of custom seat installs would be sweet!
Jax just PM'ed me about a local junkyard bench seat for $250. Not to bad... but I'm really curiouse what others have done and how they like it. Of course 1 pic = 1000 words! :rockon

·
36,677 Posts
Here's my Bronco / Inside pics on SFO.
Let's take a look at what he's got.
I'm really looking for something with a fold down center piece, but a nice bench, the right color... definatly worth considering! :thumbup
I'd throw in the seat covers too. :toothless

·
36,677 Posts
No stains included. That's extra!
Afterall... SCENT-imental value! :goodfinge

Sorry for hijackin yer thread Beerdude!
Say the word and I'll go play elsewhere... ;)

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hijackings always welcome.....I am guilty myself pepe.
Its all good brotha man.:beer

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Beerman said:
I would Dustin, What kind of condition is your bench in?
JK

I would really like Corbeau seats but I think i would have a hard time selling my seats for the $800.00 to pay for Corbeau's
need of cleaning but no tears....I hate bench seats with a passion

I just got some buckets out of a friends bronco that Im going to try. the are a little older, from a 90-91 I think but in decent shape, plus its not a bench!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I currently have 86 tempo buckets in my '81. Going to throw in a set of '68 mustang buckets when I get around to it (unless they sell before then)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i got bought some 2002 toyota celica seats for under $300 shipped to my door off of Ebay. my brother also got bought some celica seats for his tacoma from ebay for $220, we picked those up. the seats are pretty light and very supportive. the design of the seat could allow u to install 4 point seat belts in the future.

·
Registered
784 Posts
im actually looking to put a bench in the front of my bronco. my only concern is getting ppl in and out of the back. i like benches...their good for an extra person in the bko and for when females sit in the front :twotu:

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Corbeau's, yes they rock

I still need a good pic of both but they're really comfortable

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Broncoenthusiast said:
I put Two Ford Explorer seats in the front of mine and two in the back, I got two center consoles from two chevy fullsize blazer's (POS) and put them in between both and they are pretty bitchin. Four buckets all around, great for off road.
A picture says a thousands words

1 - 20 of 23 Posts