Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend was tax free so i decided its time for a compressor.
Its a 60 gallon with a 3 horse motor 11.3 cfm i got it wired up this morning
and it runs like a champ. I can finally use my new plasma cutter. Here is a pic.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put it as close to my breaker panel as possible because i didnt want to spend alot of money on wire. I also put it there because its kind of a dead spot in the shop.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,875 Posts
Nice compressor, however I don't like seeing it right beside your toolbox; you should try and isolate it. Even if it's just out back. I've seen compressors explode, and it scares the shit out of you.
well shit, I guess I better move mine, it sits right next to my welder.:doh0715:
of course I have been in the body industry for 12 years and before that the construction industry, have owned more than 4 compressors and never seen one explode. (thats why they have blow off valves):doh0715:

·
Registered
604 Posts
You'll be happy with the IR. we have two industrial size compressors at work. One runs the shop and the other runs the sandblaster. Running at 112 psi, you would think at some point it would wear down, but even after an hour of blasting, it still keeps it pressure. Top of the line IMO.

I've never seen a compressor blow up but I have seen what it does when you unscrew a 10" pipe cap on a 30,000 gallon tank that was pressure tested for leaks at 75-100 psi. BANG!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.