Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new shotgun today. A Beretta 391 Urika Parralel Target in 12ga. Has a 28" barrell, as I'll be using it for trap/skeet/5stand, etc. Pretty sweet shotgun, and only weighs 6.6lbs. Really low recoil gun, I've handled a few but haven't shot one yet. Will be shooting it tomorrow night. Should be a bit nicer to handle than my 870 pump with a rock hard recoil pad :toothless

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Thats nice..

How do you like this one? remi 870 with a recoil Knoxx stock.. 80% of recoil gone

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
hmm. sporting gun v. tacticool

i prefer sporting:D
Model 11. That is my dream skeet gun. Zero recoil compared to my 870... but man I love my 870. Congratulations and keep that baby clean! :thumbup

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy All hail John Browning :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Model 11. That is my dream skeet gun. Zero recoil compared to my 870... but man I love my 870. Congratulations and keep that baby clean! :thumbup

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy All hail John Browning :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
they're auto 5's, hand me downs from my great uncle to my dad, brother and I
i'm a fan of belgium made brownings though i wouldn't mind a mossy 500 field for a beater shotgun
here's my baby

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
they're auto 5's, hand me downs from my great uncle to my dad, brother and I
i'm a fan of belgium made brownings though i wouldn't mind a mossy 500 field for a beater shotgun
here's my baby
yeah yeah, tomayto - tomahto :goodfinge . Either way, it's one of the most beautiful autoloaders ever made

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
I thought I went to a woman's site for a minute with all the concern about recoil.
Believe you me, recoil is no real concern. Before my 870s I shot a bare stock double barrel Ithaca. But if you can shoot the same shells with the same power and feel it 50% less.... it's like adding a gibson muffler to the Bronc.... except opposite. :doh0715:

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
loarmistead said:
Model 11. That is my dream skeet gun. Zero recoil compared to my 870
uhhhhhhh, both my model 11s kick significantly harder than my 870.

Nice gun Joe :thumbup

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, I can donate some $$ and be cool like you, too
I wasn't referring to my FSB fullsize membership :toothless

I should probably be shooting ~1250-2000 rounds through the shotgun between now and mid april, so should get broke in pretty quick. Doing quite a bit of practicing, hitting a few collegiate shoots, then nationals mid April in Austin. If I'm gonna have any problems, I'll know quickly :toothless

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
uhhhhhhh, both my model 11s kick significantly harder than my 870.
Interesting... I always feel it less since a lot of the rearward pressure you get from firing a pump is used in cycling the receiver on an autoloader. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I wasn't referring to my FSB fullsize membership :toothless

I should probably be shooting ~1250-2000 rounds through the shotgun between now and mid april, so should get broke in pretty quick. Doing quite a bit of practicing, hitting a few collegiate shoots, then nationals mid April in Austin. If I'm gonna have any problems, I'll know quickly :toothless
Oh I knew what you were referring to, I just refuse to talk about another mans "member" when all I care about is mine :thumbup

I just use mine when a dangerous minority or meth head wants to break in my back door and attempt to steal my plasma.:smilie_slap
Totally kidding... Unless he is armed of course

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
IDK, my (now sold) gas operated 11-87 had very, very little recoil.

My 11s (spring operated) let you know what's going on :toothless

I had always chalked it up to spring v. gas...

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Interesting... I always feel it less since a lot of the rearward pressure you get from firing a pump is used in cycling the receiver on an autoloader. :shrug:
the recoil operated auto's are adjustable, if you have it set for light loads and fire heavy (steel shot, magnum, or high velocity) loads you'll feel it more (and put more stress on the gun) than if you have it set for heavy loads, it uses a friction ring to slow the barrel as it recoils into the reciever, if it's at the rearmost end of the spring it doesn't slow the barrel as much

1 - 20 of 39 Posts