Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the last group buy is about to finish up(Im just waiting on an email from sky),we still have the opportunity to get the shackles at $108 shipped.To the other people that said they were in but missed the deadline,I told Sky your names so he is thinking that 12 people are in the group buy but in reality its the 6 people that have alrady paid.

SO we have 6 openings for the group buy.Of course the more the marrier.As for the 6 that have paid,thanks for making it possible for me to afford the shackles.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
so you scammed the guy telling him he had 12 buyers to get the price? ............. is that what you're saying? :shrug

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damager said:
so you scammed the guy telling him he had 12 buyers to get the price? ............. is that what you're saying? :shrug
Always jumping to conclusions aren't we?There was 12 buyers that said COUNT ME IN COUNT ME IN and when we made a deadline for the money to come in, only 6 people out of the 12 sent the money.Before all that Sky asked if I could get an estimate so I posted on the board who was serious and there was 12 buyers all together.So I guess in the end I always look like im trying to scheme right even though I did sort of set up this buy but what does that matter,IM SCHEMING :mad: Flame on.Sorry for the rant.

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
Damager said:
No, that is NOT what he is saying. He is stating that when the deadline was up, there were 12 people that "wanted in" the group buy. Later on that day, Sky asked my brother for an estimate to how many sets of shackles were to be sent out. My brother replied with the magic number of 12. Fast forward to this week...only 6 out of the 12 people sent their money in. The 6 people that paid are STILL getting their shackles because the original deal was that in order to get the shackles at $108, at least 6 people had to buy in. Unfortunately, Sky, myself and Jon thought the original 12 buyers would all send payment, but since only 6 people sent payment, there are 6 sets of shackles left available. Now, for those who missed the deadline, this is your chance to purchase a set Sky shackles at the price of $108 shipped to your door. This price doesn't apply if you live in China, Antarctica, or Canada. For Canada residents, the shipping price is a few dollars more. The deadline for this second chance is a week and a half at most. Let's put it at

MONDAY, NOV 3, 2003

P.S. Once Sky recieves the check that Jon sent him, he'll be sending out the shackles same day- so you won't have to wait for the second deadline...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im a dumb noob, so help me here. What are the sky shackles and what are the advantages? If I wanted to get a set or two, who wopuld I contact to take advantage of this deal?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ok so when did you send in the money to Sky for the first group buy? Has Sky received that money? When am I going to get my shackles? If you don't know if Sky has received your money for the first 6, find out.
People probalby aren't gonna send you more money till the first group gets their stuff.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
marriedguy1 said:
Ok so when did you send in the money to Sky for the first group buy? Has Sky received that money? When am I going to get my shackles? If you don't know if Sky has received your money for the first 6, find out.
People probalby aren't gonna send you more money till the first group gets their stuff.
Ditto.

I called and I am going to get to the bottom of this.

I am not a happy camper. First we have one brother posting under anothers screen name. NOBS comment in another thread suggesting banning of you two from doing business here. I now am beginning to see why JROC (or his screen name was used)started the group buy and Raised didn't publicly get into this until after checks were sent.

Mike:mad:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I discussed this group buy with Sky this afternoon. He is as confused as most of us and wants the best for his customers / potential customers.

Seems the original agreement was for 10 purchases. He has received a check for six, my two and four others. To his credit he is going to ship the first six orders. I told him that I would not blame him if he canceled the deal and I would purchase from him at regular cost.

So the first six are good but I'm not really sure about any others. My guess is this is why this new thread is here.

He did express to me that this did seem to turn into quite a pain, mainly due to the changing numbers of the purchasers.

I will say that part of this blame goes to the individuals that indicated that they would participate and then were never heard from again. I know 1 or 2 backed out during the process. No harm no foul there because they actually posted up. But I have zero respect for those that opted in and never backed it up with a check or a message (that I can see in the thread).

J-Roc and Raised, I'm disappointed in the fact that the original deal was not accurately described (6 vs. 10). I'm really not happy at the way the thread was setup under one name and then switched.

I am completely confident in the information I received today from Sky. I actually have a voicemail message on my cell phone that addresses everything I've outlined here before he and I talked personally.

In closing, I thank SKY for honoring a partial agreement that he in no way really needs to do.

Anyone who would like to comment / discuss this can feel free to email me at:

[email protected]

Best Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for following up on this.

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
mda said:
I discussed this group buy with Sky this afternoon. He is as confused as most of us and wants the best for his customers / potential customers.

Seems the original agreement was for 10 purchases. He has received a check for six, my two and four others. To his credit he is going to ship the first six orders. I told him that I would not blame him if he canceled the deal and I would purchase from him at regular cost.

So the first six are good but I'm not really sure about any others. My guess is this is why this new thread is here.

He did express to me that this did seem to turn into quite a pain, mainly due to the changing numbers of the purchasers.

I will say that part of this blame goes to the individuals that indicated that they would participate and then were never heard from again. I know 1 or 2 backed out during the process. No harm no foul there because they actually posted up. But I have zero respect for those that opted in and never backed it up with a check or a message (that I can see in the thread).

J-Roc and Raised, I'm disappointed in the fact that the original deal was not accurately described (6 vs. 10). I'm really not happy at the way the thread was setup under one name and then switched.

I am completely confident in the information I received today from Sky. I actually have a voicemail message on my cell phone that addresses everything I've outlined here before he and I talked personally.

In closing, I thank SKY for honoring a partial agreement that he in no way really needs to do.

Anyone who would like to comment / discuss this can feel free to email me at:

[email protected]

Best Regards,

Mike
Honoring a partial agreement?! When my brother and I first talked to Sky, he stated that in order to receive the discount we had to get 6 or more buyers. We accomplished that! In fact we had 12! but a couple backed out, and the others didnt send their payment in to us. As of today, only 6 people/orders were paid for. I don't know what happened to the other guys that flaked out, so there are about 6 sets left. Sky received the payment (for the orders that were paid for already)in the mail today and the shackles are either went out today or are going out tomorrow. MDA, if you don't like how the deal went, sell the shackles to another member and buy them from Skys website for $180 per set! I and my brother both thought that we were doing a favor for the fsb members, but I guess not. Your welcome for trying to save you money. Rant mode off!

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
marriedguy1 said:
Homer, Sky received the payment today and either shipped the shackles off earlier or is sending them out tomorrow. Hold onto your panties and sit tight. You should be receiving your shackles in a bit. I'll see if i can get some tracking numbers for those who have paid for their products.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
No I am not happy with the way you and your brother handled the deal. I don't care about the cost aspect.

I don't care how many times you state 6 units or whatever new angle you want to spin. YOU ARE WRONG! YOU AND YOUR BROTHER DECIVED THIS BOARD, PERIOD!

I'll take SKY's word over yours, end of comment. We are lucky to get the deal price. Not because you had anything to do with it, simply because SKY is a stand up person and a reputable vendor.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
mda said:
No I am not happy with the way you and your brother handled the deal. I don't care about the cost aspect.

I don't care how many times you state 6 units or whatever new angle you want to spin. YOU ARE WRONG! YOU AND YOUR BROTHER DECIVED THIS BOARD, PERIOD!

I'll take SKY's word over yours, end of comment. We are lucky to get the deal price. Not because you had anything to do with it, simply because SKY is a stand up person and a reputable vendor.
:stupid

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
mda said:

:mad: :mad: :mad: New angle? :bs :bs Are you for real? How can such ignorance exist???? Read for yourself here!!! First Group Buy Topic As I stated before, when the very first time the group buy came out, in order to receive the discount we had to get 6 or more. I can give you a copy of an IM that we had with Sky before I set up the group buy- that conversation took place on Sept. the 8th, 8:24am. Maybe Sky doesn't remember what he promised, it has been a month or so since the buy was started. Sky is a great person to deal with, you on the other hand, have become a PITFA! :slap

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mda said:

Well if you didn't care about the cost aspect then why did you go through the group buy instead of buying it directly from Sky?And how did we deceive the board?We told sky there was 12 buyers and a bunch of people flaked.So it made us look bad.Of course it doesn't matter to you because you paid and everything was YIPPEE KIIIYAAAA ,just give me my shackles.

UMMMM I THINK WE DID HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT.I used the search button like everyone says to do and no one has set up a group buy with the shackles ever!So yeah Sky is the man of his word by keeping his end of the deal but if you are to flame us,you better check the previous people that backed out the last minute.THAT WAS THE DELAY IN THE GROUP BUY.......FLAME ON

·
Registered
78 Posts
:twak
:lolup
:boxing
:shocked
:stupid

I dont know what the hell is so upsetting about someone trying to do something to help out others...... Heres the gist of the whole thing.

First Group Buy: 1. Need 6 or More people for discount.
2. Get 12 people who say they want them.
3. Time to send the checks in.
4. Oh look 6 people backed out for whatever
reason. None of our damn business....
5. But we still have 6 checks.
6. Whats so hard about that!!!!!!!!!!!
7. But there are other people who wanting in on
the buy.
8. Well lets get another Group Buy going.

Second Group Buy: 1. MDA (Mr. Dumb Ass) has a problem!!!!!!!!!
2. Two very nice and helpful guys who we all
know are getting crapped on for doing
something that I dont see too many others
trying to do.

Anyway its a bunch of

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Well DixieFawk, apparently you can't read.

I'm sure Sky is not mistaken about the number being 10. He was told there were 12 buyers and a check for 6 showed up.

There it's in two real small sentences so you can understand. or maybe it should be drawn since that seems to be your way of communication.

Due to the person(s) organizing it you may not see a second group buy.

·
huh
7,196 Posts
mda said:
I'm sure Sky is not mistaken about the number being 10.
the following is a quote from sky..
SkyMfg wrote on 10-30-2003 08:49 PM:

, honestly I could swear I have a minimum we stick too on group buys of 10, but I could have given a special deal of 6, Its been so long and running a bussiness like this you just can't keep up with everything.
Due to the person(s) organizing it you may not see a second group buy.
I think the blame should go to those that backed out without posting they were..

The deal for 6 went through and you guys will have your stuff soon.. Ill close this thread out since its not going anywhere. If you have a problem with that feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected] ... If anyone has anything worth adding to this thread message me and i will unlock it..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.