Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son and I picked up an '89 Bronco XLT. 33" tires, rub a bit, looking at suspension and body lift (2" each...mild)

So far, fluid changes, new wheel cylinders on rear (they're cheap and I always change when I redo drums). 139k actual mileage, changed plugs, looked good except for one was fouled.

302 (5 liter for you youngsters), got spare block with 351W heads...that may be a future project, we're still new at this.

Cold air intakes? Worthwhile? From what I can tell, looks like a less restrictive air intake system? Son thinks it's a great idea.

Windows don't go up and down...had the passenger side working but apparently topped out and won't go down now, is there any travel adjustment on these things?

Picking up drums this morning (had PepBoys turn them), then I can pull the front wheels (I don't trsut 3 ton jack stands to support the whole vehicle, too small a footprint)

Anything I should be thinking about? :banghead

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Son and I picked up an '89 Bronco XLT. 33" tires, rub a bit, looking at suspension and body lift (2" each...mild)

So far, fluid changes, new wheel cylinders on rear (they're cheap and I always change when I redo drums). 139k actual mileage, changed plugs, looked good except for one was fouled.

302 (5 liter for you youngsters), got spare block with 351W heads...that may be a future project, we're still new at this.

Cold air intakes? Worthwhile? From what I can tell, looks like a less restrictive air intake system? Son thinks it's a great idea.

There are a few threads on making your own but the newer broncos are happy with a simply K&N drop in filter.

Windows don't go up and down...had the passenger side working but apparently topped out and won't go down now, is there any travel adjustment on these things?

Electric or manual? If there manual pull the door panel and have a look around for anything binding. If its electric then check your wiring.

Picking up drums this morning (had PepBoys turn them), then I can pull the front wheels (I don't trsut 3 ton jack stands to support the whole vehicle, too small a footprint)

Anything I should be thinking about? :banghead

Sixliter upgrade!
Hope this helps a bit!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts