Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my new wheels and tires mounted yesterday and wanted to see how they looked... I agonized over what kind of wheels and tires to get because of how much money they cost and not wanted it to look stupid, but in the end I ended up with Mickey Thompson mud tires, and Procomp-Alloy black wheels with a chrome lip. Too late now to change them, so I hope they look alright. I think they'll look pretty cool once I get the lift on (it should like just like the pictures). About the lift, the Bronco is still stock height right now, so I had to put in on the lift to be able to fit the new rubber, but soon it will have a 6" lift and will look pretty much like it looks in the pictures, but at ride height instead of full droop... :chili:

Also, I will be getting rid of the current steps, mud flaps, and bumpers. I've just been procrastinating until I get all the other parts. Soon there will be new black bumpers front and rear, and black rock sliders on, all painted/powder coated to try and match the wheels.

Let me know what you think!

The new tires against the old...

Old Rear tire at full droop...

New Rear tire at, what will be, lifted height...

Side View with new tires...

I can't wait until I get the lift on so I can run these wheels and tires...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys, I CAN"T WAIT until I can start this lift...

Are you going to lift it before you sas it?

why?
No.. The "lift" in the title was just about having to put it up on the two post lift to even get the new wheels and tires to fit in the wheel wells... I'll be starting my SAS next month once I get the last of the parts together and the new gears and locker installed in the front axle by a local shop.

-

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing that I didn't really like is that the shop that mounted and balanced the tires put the white letters out, instead of in like I asked for. I know I've heard of stuff that you can put on the white letters to basically "paint" them black, but does anyone know what the name of that stuff is, and how well it works? Not sure if I'll go through all that or not, but I at least want to know what my options are.

Thanks for any help, suggestions.

Don

-

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, it was kind of one of those deals where I'm a friend of a friend... They spent about 2.5 hours mounting and balancing them (they took a lot to balance, and they were a pain to mount because of the simulated bead lock), and only charged me $50 ($10/tire). I had thought about it, but decided it would be in bad taste, especially because the reason it happened is because the manager I told had his son get into an accident and had to leave so he didn't tell the shop guy, so I didn't want to rub salt in that wound...?

-

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Honestly I am more impressed by the shop space. I will have to remember that you have one of them fancy lifts if I need to do some work in the future.....

I like the choice in wheels also.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
nice wheels and tires....

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
They look great they way they are. You can get the tire wall pens at auto stores to black them out if you want though.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honestly I am more impressed by the shop space. I will have to remember that you have one of them fancy lifts if I need to do some work in the future.....
Yeah, that is one of my very recent purchases, this was the first time the Bronco has even been on it, but I'm sure it will be up there a lot more.. If you don't mind the 2 hour drive, your welcome to use it as long as mines not up there. :eek:)

Don

-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.