Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the forum for he last two nights and have afound alot of things close to my problem but none exactly like my problem. the switch in the dash for my tailgate window has power but wont operate the tailgate window, I tried straight wiring it but it will only roll down about an inch and it stops. I tried pushiung it down after that and it wont budge, like something is holding it. I checked the tracks and everything and found nothing in the way. I am lost at what to do next. I cant open the tailgate and would really like to get this resolved.

·
Registered
107 Posts
did you try takeing the back plate off and lub the gearing alittle. like the regulators also, chances are that the prevous owner hasnt moved that window for a while too so it might be revived alittle.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
id also check to see that the gear and buhing inside the motor are not crumbled and jammed up... you should be able to jump the motor with 12 volts.... since it moves but only a little this makes me think it may be the gears in the motor or perhaps something stopping it from theactuator under the window

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
The window might be off the track or the tailgate isnt closed tight

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the tail gate is closed good. I will have to check the motor bushing and gears. how much are they to replace?

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
nelson88 said:
the tail gate is closed good.

Not to be a smart azz here but. If the window won't roll down how do you know for sure that the tailgate is closed good?
Try pushing on the t/g on the drivers side at the top and try it again.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Thurston said:
Not to be a smart azz here but. If the window won't roll down how do you know for sure that the tailgate is closed good?
Try pushing on the t/g on the drivers side at the top and try it again.
The fact that the window moves at all tells me that it is closed and the switch/latch is closed.

I would suspect either the gears a fracked up or it needs some serious lubrication in the tracks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine. Pushed in on the driver side latch while I turned the key. Worked as advertised. Now for the good part... My latch is a p.o.s. Where can I get one and how hard are they to change??

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Dollars to doughnuts, the regulator needs cleaning/lubrication. That's the most common problem in your situation. Probably need to replace the outside lower window wipe, too.

If it cranks, even a little, the motor 'n gears, latches, wiring should all be good. But try to crank it too much and you might damage the motor gears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts