Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im new here, so dont flame me too bad for the long post! :D I went today to look at an 88 Bronco. It is owned by a guy that works with my dad, who is the original owner. It has 139,xxx miles on the 351/c6 combo. It ran and drove well, the 4 wheel drive works well (new manual "warn" hubs.) It has not been driven much in the last 2 months due to the owner buying a new truck. it has obviously been cared for, just not driven. The white paint/body looks like it has been well cared for, the only rust is some surface rust on the door bottoms, and a little spot of more serious rust on the passenger side right in front of where the rear wheel well starts. its got a full new exhaust, recent fuel tank, front end has been redone along with new brakes. What it needs-
1. new tires. the ones on there are ok, but they are a little worn and might be crappy in the snow

2. Fuel gauge is always on full until you are just about empty, then it goes all the way down to "E" is this an easy fix or would it require taking the whole tank out. its not a huge deal either way, Im just curious.

3. Check engine light is on. the owner said he had a vacum leak in the carbon cannister i think. He fixed that and the light is still on, so I will need to get the codes pulled.

4. The turn signal lever works for left turns, but for right turns it doesnt click into position, it must be held there. another tiny problem but Im curious if it is a common/easy fix.

5. passenger side window goes down, but needs help coming back up. another easy fix?

6. I noticed that hte rear end seemed a bit bumpy, like the tires had an uneven feeling. Isthis possibly the tire being hard from sitting and not being driven much recently, or is this a sign of possible problems?

The owner is asking $2500, which sounds pretty darn reasonable to me, how about you guys? Thanks for reading my long post and any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!

Rick

·
Registered
103 Posts
silverfox302 said:
2. Fuel gauge is always on full until you are just about empty, then it goes all the way down to "E" is this an easy fix or would it require taking the whole tank out. its not a huge deal either way, Im just curious.

3. Check engine light is on. the owner said he had a vacum leak in the carbon cannister i think. He fixed that and the light is still on, so I will need to get the codes pulled.

4. The turn signal lever works for left turns, but for right turns it doesnt click into position, it must be held there. another tiny problem but Im curious if it is a common/easy fix.

Rick

I just bought the '88 with a 302. The clear coat on horizontal surfaces has peeled off and there are a couple of small dents but other than that it is immaculate. The interior looks like a 1year old vehicle. Paid $1800.

I have exactly the same issues as above but my engine light isn't "On" it's flashing. I assume it's flashing the codes but it only does so when I'm driving. One thing I've heard is that with the older computers if you disconnect the battery for a minute it will erase the codes.

Please let me know what you find out about the fuel gauge. I'm trying to figure out if the problem is the gauge or the sending unit. With the signal issue it's likely to require a new signal switch. Does your's have the tilt wheel? If so the tilt is done by pushing the blinker arm forward. I think this makes the signal switch harder to find.

Brian Vanderzanden

1 - 5 of 5 Posts