Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like Broncos because my brother used to go crawl and off-road in NorCal. A few months ago I picked up a ‘95 Eddie Bauer with a 351 and E40D tranny that I’ve been fixing up. I’ve done some light off-roading in Wyoming and Colorado when I lived there but nothing serious.

I’m new to the area and wanting to make friends who like this stuff. Any groups or people nearby?

Other interests include mustangs(got an ‘05 GT), guns, camping, and fishing.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to North GA. I live in North Ga also, just below Chattanooga. Glad to have a FSB neighbor up here.

What part of N Ga are you in?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I live in North east Atlanta.. Suwannee. North Georgia is pretty cool for some outdoors activities. I took a year off after college in 2002 and explored the country. I hiked the Tetons in Wyoming, Rocky mountain national park, and the black canyon of the Gunnison in Colorado. My two favorite parks would have to be Yosemite and Glacier with Olympic a close third. The east coast is still very fun. Our go to camping spot is Lake Lanier with trips to Nantahala in North Carolina 3 or 4 times a year. I have hiked a lot of trails in the area ( most of them with one of my kids in a hiking back pack). Now the boy is 11 and ready to start his 'boot camp" style training... ( he has been on delayed entry since birth). let me know where you are located. I would love to meet up and explore some of the Chattahoochee national forest or do some white water rafting. We have the Chattooga and Oconee rivers that offer some great class 4 white water. I have done both and they ROCK.

·
Super Moderator
24,200 Posts
Yo ElectricBoogalooBronco,
Welcome!

Was speed control, if equipped recall work completed by dealership? Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

Here is the 1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure

1995 Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual
1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive

1995 Body, Chassis Service Manual
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window)by HawkDriver

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example:
How To Upload Images To Posts & How to Use Search
See more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?
¤
Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96) with Recalls, same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams

See our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in North east Atlanta.. Suwannee. North Georgia is pretty cool for some outdoors activities. I took a year off after college in 2002 and explored the country. I hiked the Tetons in Wyoming, Rocky mountain national park, and the black canyon of the Gunnison in Colorado. My two favorite parks would have to be Yosemite and Glacier with Olympic a close third. The east coast is still very fun. Our go to camping spot is Lake Lanier with trips to Nantahala in North Carolina 3 or 4 times a year. I have hiked a lot of trails in the area ( most of them with one of my kids in a hiking back pack). Now the boy is 11 and ready to start his 'boot camp" style training... ( he has been on delayed entry since birth). let me know where you are located. I would love to meet up and explore some of the Chattahoochee national forest or do some white water rafting. We have the Chattooga and Oconee rivers that offer some great class 4 white water. I have done both and they ROCK.
Hey Paul,
That all sounds good to me. I’m in Brookhaven, so it looks like we are pretty close.
Since I’ve been here I have mostly been up around the AT in Dahlonega and Suches. I definitely need to see more. I picked up a trailhead map of Nantahala last month because I was looking at heading that way too!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Check out the Bartram trail. There is a awesome portion that starts in Franklin North Carolina and goes 12 miles to Wayah bald ( where it intersects with the AT on the top). Massive elevation changes but definitely one of my favorite trails in the east. Not far from Wayah bald you have Nantahala lake. Beautiful lake nestled 3,000 feet up with mountains views all around.

Only a few miles away you have a crazy mountain bike park called Tsali. I have hiked all over the place and it is worth the trip. They alternate horses and bikes on the trails... but allow hikers on either. Trust me and hike the trails that are for Horses on that day. Some of the mountain bike guys are suicidal on the downhills. My brother-in-law rode with a bunch a knuckleheads who would disconnect their back brakes before they headed out. Each had a go pro and they would put in 20$ a piece to see who had the nastiest wipe out video.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Welcome to Georgia. There are a few trails in north Georgia. In the Chattahoochee NF there are a few forest service roads. I forget the name of the road but it goes up Trey mountain is one. The only official trail in north Georgia is Beasley knob OHV near Blairsville. I’ve never been there but looks pretty serious. If you want some cool off-road parks, look in Tennessee or Alabama. I’ve been to adventure off-road park outside Chattanooga and windrock near oak ridge, TN. Both are well worth the trip. There may be some other parks in North or South Carolina, I haven’t looked into it because I’m on the northwest side of Georgia so Tennessee and Alabama are much closer to me.

if you are searching for trails, one tip I’ve found is search google and YouTube for “Jeep” trails. Using that keyword returns more results.

unfortunately my bronco is unavailable right now but I’d be down to ride along if there’s an extra seat available. Just plan a trip and post it up here, I’m sure you could get a few guys to join in.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're not in North GA, you're in Metro Atlanta. :ROFLMAO:

I'm just messin with ya. ;)

I'm in Marietta.

There's a good off road park called Durhamtown out I-20 going towards Athens.

Lmao I should say north GA is where I try to spend my free time and WANT to be.

thanks for the info_Once I get my manual hub lockers installed I’ll make a post inviting people to come!

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
@Mels @sharpshooter109 yall are nuts lmao. City slickers. Jkjkjk. Tray mtn seems to be closed from what I've seen. OP just go ahead and 60 swap it, lock it on bothends, put a 460 in it and go balls out at windrock. Couple batteries and an axle seal and I guess I could break some more stuff. Course mine hasnt started in 2 years, which is coincidentally as many years as my son has been alive, but whos counting.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
New park just opened outside of Athens, "Timberfalls 4x4 Park"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

I just came across this thread. I’m also in metro Atlanta. Not really into off-reading; I got that out of my system when I was a teenager growing up in Arizona. But I’m a huge gear head and I love wrenching on old cars.

Besides forums like this, what is the best way to meet Bronco people in the wild?

Also, does anyone have a mechanic that they recommend? Electrical is my weakness so if they’re good with circuits that would be ideal (ironic because my Bronco has a carb).

Thanks
Chad

·
Registered
95 5.8L XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Manual hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15's, 301K miles
707 Posts
Howdy from Woodstock, just NW of Atl.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts