Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recentally purchased a 1990 bronco. it has a 351w i am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of turning it into an offroad vehicle

·
is hazardous to others
1,656 Posts
thats a very general ? for someone to try to answer.. but first things first.. lift and tires, than gears and traction adders(lockers) there are many diff ways to go about it, all depending on what you what to do with it.(type of off-roading)

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
i recentally purchased a 1990 bronco. it has a 351w i am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of turning it into an offroad vehicle
Welcome to FSB lucky and congrats on your new Bronco. You may want to go to the introductions section of the site and introduce yourself to the group. Then, you should spend a few minutes filling out your personal and Bronco information so that when you are posting we all know the details of your rig.

To answer your question, it already is an offroad vehicle. You dont have to do anything to it if you dont want to....

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
I think someone's been driving a chevy for too long. :rofl:

To answer your question, it already is an offroad vehicle. You dont have to do anything to it if you dont want to....
:stupid Just don't abuse it, and clean its underside and hubs well after getting it dirty.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think someone's been driving a chevy for too long. :rofl:

:stupid Just don't abuse it, and clean its underside and hubs well after getting it dirty.
We are supposed to clean them? :shocked

First thing you should do is change all of the fluids, engine oil, transmission fluid (transmission and transfer case) and front and rear differential, if you have a factory Limit Slip, there is an additive for that also.

Next, determine what type of wheelin' you want to do and if you will be using the Bronco as your daily driver or just for offroading.

Then search.

·
Registered
668 Posts
First thing you should do is change all of the fluids, engine oil, transmission fluid (transmission and transfer case) and front and rear differential, if you have a factory Limit Slip, there is an additive for that also.

Next, determine what type of wheelin' you want to do and if you will be using the Bronco as your daily driver or just for offroading.

Then search.
:stupid
:stupid
Definitely, take care of it and it will take care of you.

I would start with either installing gears, and lockers/limited slips with extra clutches. Then you can squeeze some 33's under her and you will be good to go. thats my plan after i get out of college.:chili:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts