Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1985 ford bronco

ok im new to ford and im clueless (was a chevy person)
now i know of the 351 w and c and the 302
was wanting to know what was in my bronco
its got 6 valve cover bolts
and the upper radiator tube goes into the thermostat housing verticly and the housing mounts verticly onto the motor
picture of housing
(http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsProduct.jsp?displayName=Water+Outlet&itemId=72-0&navValue=16300072&parentId=63-0&productId=847855&fromString=&itemIdentifier=847855_0_0_&filterByKeyWord=&categoryNValue=&isSearchByPartNumber=&categoryDisplayName=Cooling&store=635&skuDescription=CompressorWorks/WaterOutlet&fromWhere=&searchText=&_requestid=40609)
the fireing order goes 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8
and it looks to me its a small block so 351 ms out

help plz and thxs:whiteflag

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
If is original, its a 351W. There were some 351M motors in the earlier 80s models as Ford was using up their stock.

Does the thermostat go into the intake or the block?

And now that you are in the world of Fords, there is no small block and big block.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

i dont know for sure so i snaped some pics i think its the block but im not to sure

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Looks like the intake to me.

There is also a difference in the # of valve cover bolts, take a look in the 78-79 section for some more info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i will so 351 widsor sofar
and what do u mean no bigblock and smallblock???

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Ford never used the terms to differentiate their classes of motors like Chevrolet did.

·
Registered
413 Posts
heres the easiest way to find out about your motor and origanal off the line info. Write down your vin and either order the catalog or go to www.lmctruck.com click on online catalog and in the first couple of pages it'll break down your vin, motor, options, plant, ect..

Yea i know my typing is horrendous, sorry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts