Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently in the Air Force and live in Idaho and have a 76 EB registered in Texas. I will be Moving to Travis AFB late next year and was looking for some clubs to join in the area and some info about the smog rules there. My Bronco will remain registered in Texas and I would like to know if Cali requires smog tests on vehicles registered out of state?? If so are vehicles manufactured before a certain year exempt?? If so what year?? thanks for any help you can give me

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
You do not have to smog out of state vehicles.. Also vehicles before 1975 are smog exempt..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I don't plan on registering it in Cali, there is now way it would even come close to passing any kind of emissions tests without alot of work. I'm intrested in if there are any clubs in the fairfield area??

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Not sure how the AF handles this but the MC requires that if you want to register your vehicle on base here in CA, you must have it smogged here in CA and it has to pass. You can still register the vehicle out of state though, so it's a Catch-22. Best thing to do is call Travis and ask what they require to register a vehicle on base.

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
Not sure how the AF handles this but the MC requires that if you want to register your vehicle on base here in CA, you must have it smogged here in CA and it has to pass. You can still register the vehicle out of state though, so it's a Catch-22. Best thing to do is call Travis and ask what they require to register a vehicle on base.
Out of state vehicles don't have the same smog equipment though. Seems lame to make some pass the most strict smog inspection in the country if they're only here for a little while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts