Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, picked this gem up saturday. High mileage, exhaust leak (Basani header flange), slight drip at roof line, no spare, rear window needs outside 12 volt supply, steering slop, drivers side door hinges (included), and the previous owner must have been in a hurry to remove the sound system. Thats all ive come across so far and I've only driven it maybe 100 miles. Still couldnt be happier with the way it worked out and thats all that matters.

Truck came with a set of bare gt40 heads, valves, springs, rockers, pushrods, cam bearings, lifters, double timing chain and cover, misc gaskets etc. 227k on the odo with a recent trans rebuild. I feel like it should make more power but I know the cylinders probably look like Eggs at this point. The important part here in Va is that its not rusted all to $hI+!

Ive narrowed the exhaust leak down to the rear of the head on the pass side, need to order a new rear window switch (are they easily found?), steering slop is either the idler arm or the steering "box", and I need to pick a cam for reliability. I plan to build the truck for reliability as its really just a toy that will haul the 4 wheelers from time to time and huntin/wheeling when time allows maybe the boat twice a year.

Here it is the day I bought it

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,141 Posts
Welcome & congrats! Nice Bronc. :thumbup

Be aware onthat rear window that the tailgate key switch has a separate fuse/cb than the dash switch. And it's an odd circuit where what seems bad might not be the issue. A little time with the wiring diagram usually pays off before buying parts. There's more info & resources in post 3 of this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks El kabong, the PO disconnected the dash switch behind the drivers seat and theres just a + and - lead there. I did get the window to roll down at the gate switch before inspection which quit working since so I've definitely got some reading to do.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,715 Posts
Nice Bronco, Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts