Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
776 Posts
Looks great, id keep the carpet...need to look into the 3G alternator upgrade, especially if you plan on adding ANY kind of extras.

Did you happen to find your build sheet under that carpet anywhere?

·
Registered
776 Posts
The carpet is balding up toward the front.

Is this that build sheet?

View attachment 184807
Yep, that's it, laminate that thing and keep with all the documentation, or put it in a sleeve. That tells you EVERYTHING about your ride. Fix the balding with some floor liners ;)

·
Registered
776 Posts
I miss my 85 XLT with the 351 carb, so much more simple & easy to keep running perfectly than this 5.0 EFI and all of the old crusty sensors & harness, connectors, & EEC issues that pop up.
Im about to beat a hole in my desk here knocking on the wood, but i must be lucky, so far so good with my stuff ever since my rebuild. I did replace some of the sensors but i cleaned a lot of them and checked my wiring and i really expected to have all kinds of troubles after hooking all that back up, and aside from the bad distributor, i haven't had a single check engine light (yes my bulb works lol).

My biggest fuss is Ford's connectors were just awful on these models, im sure they were designed to NOT be pulled apart but its about a 50/50 chance no matter how careful i am, that im going to snap a tab off in my prying and cussing.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,065 Posts
Clean bullnose! (The best 'nose!)

That build sheet is in great shape.

Do yourself a favor and do the rough country 2.5" lift kit over just leveling springs. Your tires and your alignment guy will thank you...

·
Registered
487 Posts
My God I'm jealous of the shape that thing is in. Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
776 Posts
My God I'm jealous of the shape that thing is in. Congrats on the new ride!
It's like a time capsule, just needs a "Wheres the beef?" bumper sticker on it now.

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
941 Posts
Prior to getting an alignmnet, the alignment shop said to put new front springs in if they had not been previously replaced, as a 1st step to correct my camber/alignment issues, as spring sag is usually the problem on old TTB ford front ends.

This spurred my engineer brain that over analyzes everything, to put a piece of painters tape on my fender & mark a line at 35" before replacing the springs. I then installed new "factory hieght" springs & took it for a ride to settle them in, & saw a 1 1/2" raise on that tape mark afterwards.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I personally wouldnt lift the truck, I mean sure they look cool, but having had many lifted trucks and Bronco's in the past, a stock ride & tires is much nicer in so many ways, including well the loss of fuel economy & acceleration with bigger tires. When considering the money spent on a lift & how lifted Trucks do not bring near the money a stock height truck brings if you ever go to sell it, I would leave it stock.

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
156 Posts
Yep, that's it, laminate that thing and keep with all the documentation, or put it in a sleeve. That tells you EVERYTHING about your ride. Fix the balding with some floor liners ;)
Will the floor liners work for my balding? :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Will the floor liners work for my balding? :)
I’d recommend the carpeted liners for that application

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I need to do a lot more research on the lift topic. I am sure there are hundreds of threads on here about it. I don't want to start another one. Would just want 2" total anyhow. Also not looking at resale yet. Hoping to have for a long while. Maybe get the wheels and tires on there and then decide. I think I only have 30" tires on there now.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,258 Posts
Great find, nice ride, looks like you know what your doing. And your odometer has been rolled over that’s why the numbers aren’t lined up straight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very nice rig! Those later 10-hole wheels are the same ones I want to put on my truck. Very classic look.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Mine had a factory sound deadner on it, still there actually, thick mats of tar nasty that have become one with the floorboard, they aren’t pretty but I’m not scraping that mess off my floor. But I do like the nice clean floors you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 40 Posts