Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum while diggin to the end of the internet for more specific Bronco information. Seemed like there was a lot of times it was showing up in my searches.

I spent a few years driving and working on the F150, (400/C6 factory A/C) but always wanted a Bronco.
I now have 3, 2 pictured below and another that was only brought home because it was part of the deal... had to take both (not pictured, it is bad shape.)
I will make the tan XLT a daily driver for my wife (Claimed it as soon as it showed up in the driveway) and slowly bring it back to what it should be. The rattle can black will be a slower / later project.
The tan Bronc has a 400/C6 factory A/C XLT, interior is trashed but runs strong. The basket case that came with it is an XLT 460/C6.
The black one pictured was bought as an XLT roller with a C6 still hanging in it, no interior.

I work most of it on my own, bodywork is not my thing, so I try to find dudes who have the knowledge I don't to help with that.

Lariat 79.jpg Black 79.jpg 79 F150.jpg

·
Addicted to Junk
10,866 Posts
Welcome to FSB!

The 78 and 79s are getting harder and harder to find. Looks like you've got some work to do, but some great starting points.

·
Super Moderator
23,715 Posts
Yo Victory1st,
WELCOME!
Here is some info for you;
Ford 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual via Ziggy⚠⚠⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure (partial) @ Early Bronco HQ is about 1966-77 Ford Broncos -- 1979 Bronco Sales Brochure

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

See Technical Service Bulletins @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch @ Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

Dave Graham's 1979 Ford Truck Manual on CD @ RockAuto
Authorized copy of the Ford manual for all systems. Ask seller if it will run on your PC, etc. with it's operating system such as WIN10. Three Volumes!
Search Google for a better deal.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as 1978-'79 Bronco Tech that requires 30 posts to view or post) or 1978-'79 Bronco Tech, Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view), etc.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example; How to Use Search
See more tips!

Baba Looeys favorite FSB Links, lots & lots of tech-links @
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ech-links.html
advanced.html

➡ Try to find time to participate in and Vote in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests.
FULLSIZEBRONCO of the MONTH (FOTM) Contests will be held in March, June, September**. Each month in-between will be used for nominating contestants to run in the following Month.
Contests will start on the 1st of the month and will run to the last day of that month.
In the event of a TIE, the contest will continue between the tied contestants, until enough votes come in to break the tie.
FULLSIZEBRONCO of the YEAR (FOTY) will START in NOVEMBER, between the previous 3 winning contestants. FOTY will run for 6 weeks, ending in early, mid-DECEMBER. Read more @ * RULES FOR F.O.T.M. v2.0 *
Al

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Welcome to FSB and to Broncos! Looks like you have a couple nice projects there. Nice F150 too!

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,131 Posts
Welcome aboard, lot's of years of knowledge here to help you .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts