Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have been lurking on the site for about a month now as I purchased an 84 Bronco as a project a while back. I have been a fan of the blue oval for as long as I can remember. Mostly a mustang nut (my daughters name is Shelby) but have a had a few trucks too.
I am a diesel/hydraulic techician at a bobcat dealership here in Grand island, Nebraska. I consider myself to be a good tech but I surely don't know it all. I have noticed that this site has a good amount of very technically knowledgable members.
I enjoy doing airbrushing in my "free time".
Great to be here I hope I can contribute to what is already a very good site.

-Rick A.K.A gooey1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I was pretty vague on the truck. It's a 1984 Bronco XLT. 351 all stock aside from a Holley 1850-9 carb i rebuilt for it and electric fan. C6 trans. 9" rear 44TTB front with stock gearing rolling on some 33-12.50/15 Bf Goodrich mud terrains. It has 88,000 on the clock and runs and drives great. Everything mechanical works on it to include the rear window (maybe its just me but I hadn't seen many that worked or worked right). Has some typical Nebraska cancer spots above the rear wheel arches and the front fenders but the floor pan suprisingly is rock solid. Really a good base for a project. Since i've had it I have Changes out the ignition actuator (thanks for the tech write up), Made some rear interior carpeting from a nice $20 area rug from walmart (looks pretty nice actually), installed the electric fan, and relocated the front and rear bumpers to look right with the 3" body lift that was on it. Ill be pulling the interior panels out soon to restore them as they are in good shape just need painted. In the spring I plan on doing the body work and shooting some new paint on it, A two tone of sorts with a Yamaha blue upper and lower panels and either an American flag design or a rivited panel design. Haven't decided yet.
And absolutely if I can help out with any diesel questions i would be happy to. Or paint and body work.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
sounds like you have a plan already laid out, ready to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts