Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, just wanted to stop in and say whats up... have had my bronco for a little under 2 years now, and am lovin it! i do have a question though.

when im driving, there is this griding noise coming from the front, so i took it to the mechanics, and he replaced the bolt things that hold the drivers side hub in, and it is still doing this. i looked under the truck when i was rolling, and the front driveshaft was not moving.... he said the automatic hubs i have on there are pretty much shot - but he also said that the 4 wheel drive being engaged is whats making that noise? any commenst here? thanks a lot, glad to be here :thumbup

--ric

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Welcome to our home!:thumbup What year is your rig and does it have auto hubs or manual?? A new hub kit only cost about 65-80 bucks and can be done at home in your drive way in just a couple of hours....But a little more info on the rig is important for us to try and guess the problem. (It's hard enough trying to diagnose from a web site, we need all the info we can get):beer
Once again welcome and make yourself at home!:thumbup

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the welcomes guys..

oh, sorry, i have an 89, and the hubs are the regular busted-ass stock ford ones, and their pretty much shot... and what all is involved with swapping them out? i was thinking of going with the manual warn ones, but i dont really know ANYTHING about that (actually, nothing!), so i wouldnt want to screw up or anything... any help would be greatly appreciated:thumbup

--ric

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
do a search for hubs and you may just find a write up on replacing them

First mod when buying a Bronco .. replace the hubs with manual ones :thumbup

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i searched thrice times, and couldnt find anything on installation, other than its really easy!

--ric

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
swamp thang welcome to FSB! As you can already see everyone is a great help around here!

About the hubs. If you have a Haynes manual just follow the instructions in there. If not go purchase you one. It's worth the money. As far as the hub swap it's pretty easy. Just take your time and as you take parts off lay them out in the order they were removed. Also if you buy a new set of hubs the instructions in the box are helpful too. If you get stuck or have a question just drop in and ask away.

Enjoy!!!!!:thumbup :thumbup

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, yes, i do have a haynes manual, so i'll follow the instructions there :thumbup i think the 60 or so dollars will definitely be worth the investment though. thanks for the welcome guys! see ya around.

--ric

·
search, you #$%@! noob
10,000 Posts
hey there, since everybody gave me a huge welcome, i plan on doing the same thing....

Glad to have you here. I don't know "jack" either, but I am going to search about those hubs too.

Jackhart

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts