Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
no clue where McChord AFB is, but welcome to WA. :thumbup

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Mc Chord is just north of ft lewis. in lakewood, tacoma area. does that help? exit 125 on I-5.

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Doesn't help me to help you since I'm on the Eastern side of WA, but it might help someone in your area give you some details.
Good luck! :thumbup

Registered
Hey welcome to washington....hope you like the rain ;) I'm stationed in Ft. lewis, and new to the area as well, but before I can take my truck wheelin i need to get my tranny fixed.:banghead

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
were are the trails around tacoma/Puyallup/lakewood? i hear there are wheelin trails on FT Lewis. -ed

Repo'd
FT Lewis is Illegal to wheel on.
I found that out first hand, unless you are on the
Hunting trails.... Keep that in mind. Nisqually is
considered Fort Lewis, I am sure you will here of it.
Don't go. It's expensive$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As for wheelin around here. You got Kapowsin Lake near Graham.
Elbe Hills near Mount Rainer. Evens Creek near Wilkison is where we are going on the 18th of Feb. Body damage is a given. in Elbe. Evens is hit and miss (LOL).....

I'm sure we can hook up and go wheelin, It just depends on what sort of wheelin you wanna do. Mud, Rocks, or Trails?????????

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
i dont really want body damage, this is my daily driver. that plus i just took all the dents out. i know how much clear i put on so i can live with scuffs. i really like trail riding. maybe we can do lunch next week. -ed

Registered
I'm at McChord too. Well not right now but after my deployment I'll be back there. Are you at FTD there? I have a 95 also. Is yours white with red stripes? If so, I saw it a while back. Maybe we'll go wheelin after I get back.

Registered
Flightline. Just went through FTD a few months ago. Nice stuff you guys have over there. I was very impressed with all the "trainers". I went through Andy's class.

Registered
Pony-boy said:
FT Lewis is Illegal to wheel on.
I found that out first hand
Several years ago I got chased by MPs for playing on the tank trails in my 83. They never did catch me, but I learned not to back out there again.:toothless

deleon13- Welcome to Warshington, as some pronounce it. Here's a few tips: ignore the jeepers, watch out for the tree huggers, and always watch out for the Washington State Patrol, they love writing tickets.:thumbup

Shhhh, I'm not here
Hey a heads up on Kapowsin, they sold that land to the Indians and is no longer open for wheelin. That was the scope I got about a month or so ago.

Welcome, I'm south of your location in the Olympia area. There is talk of a Meet & Greet this summer, so if I don't catch up with you before then, maybe you can go to that. I'll keep you posted.

Most of the time I like wheelin over the mountains in the Yakima/Naches area.

Registered
Im not new to the area, just wheelin. Just bought my bronco to go with my mazda.... we used to go way the hell up I-90, past the ski area, off the Stampede Pass exit. Nothing too gnarly up there, but an ass load of roads/trails. I keep hearing the name Reiter Pit thrown around.... but I too would like to get a group together and do some wheelin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts