Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, been riding ATV's recently and long story short, I wanted a newer fourwheeler with some rear suspension and kinda like the idea of a shaft driven one, heres my new to me:

Yamaha Moto-4:
250cc 4 stroke

Hi-low range selection---drag elephants around in 1st gear

It'll run 50mph-tested :)
Plans are to make it run really good, get a pull start so I have a backup way to start it...get a small winch and maybe make a homemade plow for the front of it.

KC

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are awesome quads...until the rear end grenades. Take care of it and it will last you.
I take it they where an issue?

It seems well taken care of for a 1989, no broke plastic, cracked a little, and generally nice.

KC

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:eek::barf :shocked

2k? Well, the only way it'll get replaced is if I find a junker if that happens...

Think I'll be changing/checkin that fluid...recommendation on that fluid type?

EDIT: Offroadkarter

Thanks but I got enough stuff...4wheeler, go-cart, mini bike and soon to have a garden tractor is enough stuff :toothless

KC

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
EDIT: Offroadkarter

Thanks but I got enough stuff...4wheeler, go-cart, mini bike and soon to have a garden tractor is enough stuff :toothless

KC
one does 35mph, the other does 50mph

just incase you change your mind :rofl:

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one does 35mph, the other does 50mph

just incase you change your mind :rofl:
Hehe, pretty fast for go-cart. What are they shifter carts? or just something you messed around with?

Mine might do 25 on a level road at wot...

KC

·
Registered
674 Posts
My uncle bought one of those 4-moto's brand new back in the day. First wheeler I ever rode. His was older than 89, I think. I don't remember it having a high-low.

I dig those carts. One of my other toys is a Honda Odyssey FL 350. It's a lot fun when it runs, lol.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
I dig those carts. One of my other toys is a Honda Odyssey FL 350. It's a lot fun when it runs, lol.
I looked at buying this one a long time ago... I forget what year it was though but it was mint

he wanted 4500 for it

·
Registered
267 Posts
I looked at buying this one a long time ago... I forget what year it was though but it was mint

he wanted 4500 for it

Isn't it sad that that name is now used on a damn minivan??? LOL If ya'll remember correctly, there was also a Honda Pilot atv...I think it was the smaller version of the Odyssey..

·
Registered
674 Posts

he wanted 4500 for it

1985. The 350's were one year only. 4500 is insane though. Mine was in decent shape and running when I got it about 3 years ago for 2k. I smoked the rings, rebuilt it, then blew it up again. Then I bought my 400ex.

My buddy has a nice Ody for sale, wants 2500. 4500 would buy a sweet 400 Pilot, though.

What kind of carts are yours? What are the stats? 50 mph is impressive. 2 seats would be cool with the kids, too. I could see trading the Ody up for 2 seats.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Isn't it sad that that name is now used on a damn minivan??? LOL If ya'll remember correctly, there was also a Honda Pilot atv...I think it was the smaller version of the Odyssey..
It is sad. The Ody 250 was made from the 70's to 1984. The 350 was made only in 85, then they didn't make any 1986-88, and the Pilot was made in 89 and 90- 400cc, 2-stroke, liquid cooled, and a-arm suspension. It was a much improved version of the Ody.

Check out- http://www.pilotodyssey.com/phpBB2/index.php

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought of this right after I read the frist post and seen a yamaha moto.:rofl:
NSFW
Dammit it ain't a tiny little tractor!!

Well..I took it for a good ride today, working good for now, got some little issues, but nothing major :thumbup:

KC

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
I think its rather funny, the mini van is named after the buggy... and the honda "pickup truck" is named after a buggy as well

and the pilot was the top dog 400cc

1985. The 350's were one year only. 4500 is insane though. Mine was in decent shape and running when I got it about 3 years ago for 2k. I smoked the rings, rebuilt it, then blew it up again. Then I bought my 400ex.

My buddy has a nice Ody for sale, wants 2500. 4500 would buy a sweet 400 Pilot, though.

What kind of carts are yours? What are the stats? 50 mph is impressive. 2 seats would be cool with the kids, too. I could see trading the Ody up for 2 seats.
I thought they were 2 years oh well. It was in mint shape though but 4500 was abit steep for me

The yellow one is a manco 906C-4, 2004 which was the last year before they discontinued them. the earlier years have tecumseh motors, mine has a 6.5hp robin subaru motor, I havent really "modded" it much, although it has a newer carb and I tweaked around with the throttle linkage to really get a full WOT. Have a better belt on there as well.

The black one is a blade 150DX, although mine is known as the "150 GT" because it was the only manufacturer modified buggy that blade powersports sold. Thats what the owner of the company called it so the name stuck lol

150cc Gy6 engine, which is a honda clone. its a 2006 motor, the first motor scored the cylinder walls on break in before i even got it so they put a new motor in

Eastside racing exhaust
Eastside Intake w/ Uni filter
I dont remember what cam it is, I think it was the A10 speed cam, but it coulda been the A12 torque cam... All i know is it has a new cam :toothless
New coil + CDI
New variator with 10G rollers
1500RPM clutch spring
prodigy clutch + prodigy vented clutch bell

thats all I can think of on that, i figure its around 13hp since stock they are rated at 10. I've had it up to 50mph at 12,000RPM, but that was once. it will hit 45 easy though, 50 takes a long stretch of road. It has forward and reverse, and a parking brake that needs adjusting.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like them kinda go carts, since they're a little bigger...more "adult" sized but I don't like the price as I can buy a capable fourwheeler. Guy I bought this from just bought one just like the one you have, nearly Identical...do 50 mph easy he said. I like them, but thought about building my own. Dunno if I have the skills for that though...

KC

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
I like them kinda go carts, since they're a little bigger...more "adult" sized but I don't like the price as I can buy a capable fourwheeler. Guy I bought this from just bought one just like the one you have, nearly Identical...do 50 mph easy he said. I like them, but thought about building my own. Dunno if I have the skills for that though...

KC
heh, ask Kalashnikov about the 550cc 4wd IFS/IRS buggy he ALMOST finished :toothless

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heh, ask Kalashnikov about the 550cc 4wd IFS/IRS buggy he ALMOST finished :toothless
I take it, that it was a complete disaster?? Pics?

Got me interested :toothless:

KC

1 - 20 of 22 Posts