Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted on here for awhile. I have been busy lookin for a toy. (that and the boy has told me his real dad is gonna trick out his bronco for him) So I have been idle in the bronco forum. If he doesn't want it fixed why should I. Anyway Since I have some extra money (the kids want nothing from me cause it wouldn't be as good as what daddy promised) It's time to start racing. I have always been a fan of oval tracks. A couple of years ago Tulsa finally got an asphalt track. I had been putting off buying some kind of car till My sweeties kids were grown but no reason to wait. I went and bought a dwarf car lat saturday. They are 5/8 scale replicas of 1928-40 sedans and coupes. They run motorcyle motors and scoot preety good. Mine is a 96 pro chassis with an 03 GSXR 1000 f.i. engine, 164 hp stock. here are a couple of pics. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can go practice :chili: and racing starts april first. :twotu:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
derrick36 they will run over 100 easy. Most top speeds are listed as 120ish.

Countryboy. The dwarfs do not get as much TV time as the legends cars do( so if ya see dwarfs on, tape it and sendit to me), which is funny cause the legends are based off the dwarfs. Most legends run asphalt only(fenders catch alot of mud) Dwarfs run both. The legends run a fj1200 oil cooled motor that is sealed and your not allowed to touch them. The dwarf have a 1250 cc limit anyhing goes, 1000 cc if it's fuel injected and must be stock. They weigh 1k without driver. Damn I'm gettin ansy just typing this. Man I can't wait.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I remember when the dwarfs first came out, the track near here had a race and it was sweet those things were flying around. But it must not have caught on here cuz I think they only had maybe 2 the next year and that was it. I'll be racing too this year. 4cyl enduro races, take a completely stock 4cyl, gut enough of the interior to put in a cage and go race with 100-150 of the same on a 3/8 paved oval. Talk about carnage =)It's like a moving demo derby. When cars wreck and won't run, then get the driver out and leave the car there. I'm excited, but you'll be goin alot faster than me, Sweet find..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Country boy, I have done some enduro races here. (15yrs ago) We had 130 cars start one day on a 3/8 mile dirt track. Only way they would stop the race is if the track was completely blocked. I ran a 67 cougar back then.

Racin is racin so give it all ya got.I doubt I'll have any more fun than you. A friend said it best. " your strapped in the car. Helmet on, exhaust loud 100 cars aroud you and you can still here YEE HAW as people pass you."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts