Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost rolled the Bronco over backwards a few weeks ago, so I decided to buy a new beater. Chevy 350 motor and trans, locked up front and rear,37"ssr, 4.7 Marlin crawler gears, inside cage, soon to have an exo .

85 Toy

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
thats pretty sweet.
i'm looking to do the same thing but with a ranger. after seeing two guys have to find alternate transportion home, i decided that i want something that i can tow around with my bronco. i figure a king cab ranger, with a bed like the one you got there, 351, c6, 9 inch and solid 44 with 38's and i should be good to go. started shoping today.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
that is just sweet, i want one!! is the bronco now a tow vehicle?

wes

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I will be trading in the Tahoe for a F250SD soon. The Bronco will still have the mud duties and medium trails like it did before. I just couldn't see bashing up my Bronco, I have way to much sweat and money in it. This will mainly be for rocks and such.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Good god! my eyes! Turn down the volume on that color! :goodfinge You are, at least, going to weld the joints in that rollbar, right? Or replace it entirely? :shrug The bolts near the hoop are why I asked

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thats a nice ride, time to put some custom trail pinstripping and rock rash on there!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy made it like that so he could take off the bed. It will get a full exo cage soon. It will also get a new paint job, I'm thinking something like 70's chevy yellow. I think the guy was on acid or something when he chose that color, it's much more hideous in person than the pictures show. It's a cross between high lighter florescent yellow and florescent green.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you mean Raf? Thank JC for getting me hooked on rock crawling I went to JV with the Tinbenders and him once and I decided to go Toyota. When you see the kind of wheeling they do with these things, you will understand why I decided to go with a toy.

After almost fliping the Bronco over backwards on the waterfall at deep creek trail, I decided it was time for another rig. Once I get the exo cage built I won't care if I roll it. I have more money into the motor in the Bronco than I paid for the truck.

I'm still a broncaholic that will never change!!!!:thumbup

·
huh
7,195 Posts
offroad_joe said:
What do you mean Raf?
dont mind me joe.. im just jealous..

Thank JC for getting me hooked on rock crawling I went to JV with the Tinbenders and him once and I decided to go Toyota. When you see the kind of wheeling they do with these things, you will understand why I decided to go with a toy.
i dont blame you.. id go with a toy too... or an eb..

I'm still a broncaholic that will never change!!!!:thumbup
still gonna use the bronco? if not.. ill take that 60 off your hands.. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
offroad_joe said:
The Bronco will still have the mud duties and medium trails like it did before. I just couldn't see bashing up my Bronco, I have way to much sweat and money in it. This will mainly be for rocks and such.
Sorry dude the 60 will still make it into the Bronco. I'm just real slow about this stuff. Some of us have to work for a living :goodfinge and can't stay home working on our junk all the time. Lucky asshole!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts