Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a few sensors to diagnos a problem, i fixed the problem before i installed the new TPS i bought, seeing as it was quite expensive, i was wondering if the TPS is something that should be replaced after about 130,000 miles anyway now that i have it, or should i return it...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,200 Posts
Just replaced one myself. No idea how they hold up... but my '89 was more than ready for the new one. I'm well over 150,000 though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to be a dick, but isn't that kind of backwards?

haha, the diagnoses was long in the works, the sensors were the solutions, i just wasnt sure which sensor, so i did them one at a time.. didnt get to the tps,

would it improve all around performance to have a new one in there?

G

·
Not if the tps is still good. It's electronic, it's either good or bad.
HORSE SHEEYOT. The TPS can work fine in cold, and after the engine gets hot it can produce false readings. You cant test a TPS when its cold, typically they fail do to heat. If you have a new one sitting there, put it in. Be assured yours will die at some point. They are fallible and I have seen countless posts on here how others have solved issues by changing them out.

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
Chicken after I read what I typed, I thought of that. But he did say he fixed his problem without replacing thte TPS.

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
Chicken after I read what I typed, I thought of that. But he did say he fixed his problem without replacing the TPS.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hey some places wont even refund for electronic parts. Keep it for an emergency.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2fastnaz said:
Hey some places wont even refund for electronic parts. Keep it for an emergency.

napa will refund as long as you havnt used it..

but just because i solved my a/c problem doesnt mean my bronco is perfect now, i will install it and let you know if there is any noticable difference.

ive read several different discriptions on how to install it, so im pretty sure i can tune it up fine, but does anyone have any suggestions or problems they ran into?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts