Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
haha..for once growing up german paid off! hehe.... i tried to translate it to the best of my ability...:thumbup

Unimog U 500 looked Edition: That "universally motor device" 'once so correctly cool..

Daimler-chrysler introduces refined "looked at the Dubais motor show that of Brabus Unimog U500 as Edition". The "new exclusive aped-Roader for everyday life, leisure time and sport with Interieur" selected becomes with its well just as exclusive purchase price the ideal Christmas gift for oil sheikh.

Highest Geländegängigkeit paired with solid elegance outside and interior: The Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 500 looked accessibly would like to make Edition the draft of paramount terrain capacity and highest solidity of a demanding private target group and create therewith an interesting and spectacular enrichment and alternative on the terrain vehicle market.

The new looked should be Edition according to Daimler-chrysler a combination out of city vehicle, leisure time vehicle, terrain vehicle. In collaboration with the Bottroper noble deed Brabus, a leisure time vehicle emerged for individualist, that want already through its noticeable image out of the usual streets traffic and/or terrain use hervorstechen. The high seat position lends the driver an excellent round circumspection. Thanks to standard power-assisted steering and the compact dimensions, the Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 500 is looked Edition nimble like a middle class-automobile.

The exclusive vehicle was revised in the Interieur and Exterieur completely. The elegant silhouette becomes both stamped through a cot with integrated side disguises, newly formed and through that bumper. The robust roll bar out of polished noble steel and the towards the top pulled chrome exhaust pipes underline a sporting note.

The Fahrzeuginterieur is refines and included through Brabus a 16-teilige really-Carbon-equipment (u. a. Kombi–instrument, means console, door handle and stop handle), the roof sky and the A- and B-column are with Alcantara, that undressed sportingly shaped seats in finest Mastik–leather and the foot room with flauschigem Velours. At the same time the Farbgebung is held in accordance with the name in depth joke. With the black leather sport steering wheel and the sporting aluminum-pedals, the driver has looked the Unimog Edition firmly in the handle. The technical Highlights are among other things the Command system out of the S-class with 6.5“-Bildschirm, DVD-navigation, CD-Wechsler and a specially developed compass function. For the comfort in the inner room, two provide separated from one another working air-conditioning, all around tinted disks and the outstanding Soundsystem.

The Unimog takes its power of 205 kW (280 HP) out of 6.4 l Hubraum and develops a torque of 1100 Nm. Speeds can be reached of more than 120 km/h by the long it translation. In a total weight of 11.99 tons, the Unimog controls looked Edition a payload of approximately 4.3 tons. The Unimog rolls 455/70 R24 on tire of the size. the standard portal axes in connection with that of the driver's seat out of bedienbaren tire pressure rule concern and the rope wind cultivated in the stern make out of this Premium-Unimog one aped-Roader of the extra class for which it gives almost no boundaries. With the I / O-transmission, the Unimog can both mechanically turned gone become, or according to inclination and mood of the driver also in the automatic control mechanism mode. A shifting between the load steps is always possible.

That looked offers Edition next to the well known Geländegängigkeit and the high payload each quantity of place for all kinds of sport devices and also a high supplement load. Therewith possible uses are prescribed: Next to the daily use in the city can be carried out with this Unimog excursion into the raue mountains, to remote ski tracks or trips into hot deserts zones. Little later the same vehicle can be used than a train machine for the yacht carrier at the coast and/or the carrier of Wassersport- and/or Tauchsport-devices: The uses the name are just implies so in great numbers like it UNIVERSALLY MOTOR device..

Whether there will be the vehicle ever also in Austria, is at present yet just as little well known like the price for the magnificent specimen..

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
looks cool, i'd take one

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Genetrix said:
haha..for once growing up german paid off! hehe.... i tried to translate it to the best of my ability...:thumbup
I think you cheated...you used Babel Fish didnt you :goodfinge

I know german but not well enough to understand much of that article. Who reads articles anyways? Its all about the pictures :toothless

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Marauder said:
I think you cheated...you used Babel Fish didnt you :goodfinge

I know german but not well enough to understand much of that article. Who reads articles anyways? Its all about the pictures :toothless

no hunny i am one of the blessed few who grew up with my Omie only speaking german and i lived there for a total of 6 years ;) you couldnt tell i was german???i have a figure like helga the butch. beauty of being an army brat. hehe. im female of course i read the articles! its not like there were half nekkid men or woman for that matter to distract me from the words on the page. hehe

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Nice unit.

I am just beginning to research a new wildland fire truck for our dept, and one of the units that I like so far is built on that chassis.

I hear they climb like a mtn goat.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Steve83 said:
I think you used an online translation service, like SysTrans. I can't believe you could get "refined", but miss something as obvious as "off-road" (Aped-road??? Ape is Affe), and simple compound words, like Gelaendegaengigkeit (terrain capability), Wassersport (water sports) & Tauchsport (skin-diving).
Shouldn't you be fixing your computer? :goodfinge :toothless

I'd take one. I don't know what the hell I'd do with something like that though. Trust me, my buddies and I would find some good uses for it. I think I could find a way to get it stuck...then just :beer :drinkbud till the firetruck comes to take a crack at getting it out.

·
Reverend Trick Playa
993 Posts
My bad....CXT

I know not nearly as capable, but who actually uses the unimog for daily personal use......or the CXT for that matter?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That CXT is cool, and would make a good tow vehicle for a large work trailer or one of those new monster travel trailers, but I jut think it is too big, heavy, and long (wheelbase), for any serious consideration for a chase or support vehicle.

The Unimog has been proven in the north and south poles, as well as most of the jungles, mountains, and deserts of the world. How can you argue against it?

Here are some pics of the Unimog Wildland Fire Engine I took in Whistler a while back. It can be spec'ed with a remote controlled, roof or bumper mounted water/foam turret too.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Steve83 said:
:rofl: :doh0715: :banghead :cry :duh :twak :slap :madder :lowblow :boxing :duel :uhoh3 :argue :crazy :enforce :iiss
I win. :goodfinge

Seriously...you ever seen Constantine? You need his ass to pull whatever whacked-ass deamons you've got roaming in those hard drives/controllers/whatever.

Oh yeah, back to the thread...I think I'd load that thing up with friends and alcohol, and go get stuck. After getting stuck...we could just chill on the back getting drunk...until we eventually have to go home. Then somebody other then me has to run the winch lines...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.