Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on the way to work she started making a funny whirring sound. I did a quick search, and didn’t find anyone with the same symptom

It sounds like it's coming from the front axle area. It don’t matter if you are under throttle or coasting it's still there until you drop below 30 - 35 MPH then it goes away. The noise varies in frequency/pitch with speed. No vibration or grinding sound and it’s not excessively loud.

Truck is a stock 91 with 351 and auto hubs and 164K on the odometer.

Like to get an Idea of where to start looking and what to look for (If it don't break before I get it home).

·
Registered
117 Posts
This morning on the way to work she started making a funny whirring sound. I did a quick search, and didn’t find anyone with the same symptom

It sounds like it's coming from the front axle area. It don’t matter if you are under throttle or coasting it's still there until you drop below 30 - 35 MPH then it goes away. The noise varies in frequency/pitch with speed. No vibration or grinding sound and it’s not excessively loud.

Truck is a stock 91 with 351 and auto hubs and 164K on the odometer.

Like to get an Idea of where to start looking and what to look for (If it don't break before I get it home).
I've got an 88 w/ an 8.8 rear axle.I was getting the same type of noise but from the back. I'm just speculating due to the questions I've asked, but you might need to check out the bearings. Just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts