Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner ooh my Bronco ruined my wiring harness so I'd like a new one. Does anyone know where I can get a complete wiring harness for an 87 5.0?

·
Man of endless projects
9,292 Posts
your best bet is to fix your current harness. which wiring harness is bad? engine harness, underhood harness, in-cab harness,harness going to rear?

they dont really make a new harness. there is a harness for Mustangs at Painless Wiring that alot of people use to change to a Mass Airflow EFI system. but thats probably way above what you will be wanting to do

·
Registered
129 Posts
Has the same issue with the engine wiring harness on the 88 5.0 that I bought last year. I found one on Ebay from an 89 working just fine. The only difference between the two was the 89 had a different connector from the engine harness to the fuel injector harness but the fuel injector harness was included.
What I found out during my research is that there is a difference between the 5.0 and 5.8 engine harness, the 5.8 does not have a knock sensor as the 5.0 does. i only paid 75 buck for the harness and he threw in some manifold bolts that i needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine harness is all tangled up and spliced. Some of the wiring is redone wrong. She runs but not great and I just spent a ton on the engine and need a clean harness for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts