Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 140 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
96 fsb small world i used to call goin out by you to street race on edison ave "headin out east".looks like ill be really travelin now!!! i actually just bought my bronco last week from mastic for $650 still straightining out for a daily driver but cant wait to start with the fun stuff.im definatly in for any kinda gathering

·
Registered
135 Posts
Damn cant believe how many LIers and 5 boro guys are on here. Im in western suffolk soon 2 be Astoria. No issues with you guys parking your trucks on the street?

PONYBOY, FINS would be the spot to go talk to them about it just so u know... im pretty sure that the smith point 4x4 pass is only for smitttys. the RM state pass is avaliable from sept1 to apr30 but wont do the job for smiths.

96FSB im at gilgo religiously...
Gilgo has good surf correct? Im pretty new to the area and have been looking for a place.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Im in Brooklyn, Bay Ridge to be exact. I live on a small one way street and just about everyone here has a small car occasionally there might be an suv or 2 or a pick up like a small ranger. Then out of no where is this white rusty bronco sitting on 35" M/Ts, Stang style hood scoop, cowl mounted KC daylighters, full size spare, hilift mounter to spare tire rack, etc........ thats just visual. Theres that ontop of the exhaust.... my truck stands out like a sore thumb.
I never have problems with parking other than driving around for 10-15min after work to find a spot to park.
Oh yeah most of the work I do on my truck I just to on the street.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Im in Brooklyn, Bay Ridge to be exact. I live on a small one way street and just about everyone here has a small car occasionally there might be an suv or 2 or a pick up like a small ranger. Then out of no where is this white rusty bronco sitting on 35" M/Ts, Stang style hood scoop, cowl mounted KC daylighters, full size spare, hilift mounter to spare tire rack, etc........ thats just visual. Theres that ontop of the exhaust.... my truck stands out like a sore thumb.
I never have problems with parking other than driving around for 10-15min after work to find a spot to park.
Oh yeah most of the work I do on my truck I just to on the street.

Sweet man I guess Im not completely crazy for assuming I can keep an maintain a 4wd truck in NYC:rockon

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Is there anyone near Rochester that wants to go on a Road trip in May down to Texas? Ill pay all fuel, food, lodging, and tolls for the trip as well as an oil change when we get back. It will be a grueling trip and not one for the light hearted. Its 1,680 miles one way and we have to get down there and back in 4 days. Looking to do this on Memorial Day Weekend (May 21st-May 25th)

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks, Joshua

·
Registered
139 Posts
Unless i misunderstood someone said that the smithspoint park pass is only for people from smithspoint, which isn't correct. If you get the pass from Robert Moses, it gives you access to either 5 or 7 beaches along the island, smithspoint, cupsogue, robert moses, and 1 or 2 out at montauk I know for sure. When you go they'll give you a pamphlet which shows all the places it gives you access too, and it also lets you just park at the beach's themselves for free, which is sweet because I know at cupsogue parking is like 12 bucks.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was thinking about maybe trying to get a trip together out to Rausch Creek with The Long Island crew, Maybe this spring.
im up for it if i get exhaust done on my truck, and swap in the steering column, and do the brakes.... definitely this spring. hell its 65 degrees out melting the snow right now!

Unless i misunderstood someone said that the smithspoint park pass is only for people from smithspoint, which isn't correct. If you get the pass from Robert Moses, it gives you access to either 5 or 7 beaches along the island, smithspoint, cupsogue, robert moses, and 1 or 2 out at montauk I know for sure. When you go they'll give you a pamphlet which shows all the places it gives you access too, and it also lets you just park at the beach's themselves for free, which is sweet because I know at cupsogue parking is like 12 bucks.
i gotta get that permit, how much is it? me and a couple other friends with trucks are down to meet at smiths point.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
im up for it if i get exhaust done on my truck, and swap in the steering column, and do the brakes.... definitely this spring. hell its 65 degrees out melting the snow right now!
I looks like we are trying to set something up in this thread, they are just trying to pick a date.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143024

i gotta get that permit, how much is it? me and a couple other friends with trucks are down to meet at smiths point.
I gotta get one too.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
You have the permit info wrong. There are 2 diff permits available county and state. The county one is good for smithspoint, cupsogue, montauk and few other county beaches and all parking lots. The state permit wich you can only get untill the end of april is good for robert moses, gilgo, overlook and few others around. State is $55 and county one is $85.

121 - 140 of 267 Posts