Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My almost always had a bronco during my childhood and we had fond memories of going camping and driving to Mississippi and Florida and Canada from PA. The last one he had was an '89 that he bough brand new which he kept till 1998/99. My father passed away 2 years ago and last week I was driving around a found a '96 bronco for sale and was thinking of picking it up as a bit of nostalgia and having a work truck around. It has about 150k on it and they're asking $4k for it. There seems to be some rust bubbles around the rear driverside fender, I haven't taken it for a test drive yet but I'm here to do a bit of research first. I've had a few different cars and work on my own cars so that's not something I'm afraid of. I know the gas mileage is terrible on these based on my research and it likely won't be my daily driver except maybe in winter if it's real bad out and for hauling stuff and likely taking my sisters and mom for a drive every once in a while for memories. I'm looking to see if this is a reasonable deal and what to look for when checking out the car. I was checking the classified section but saw that I need 75 posts just to look which I think is a bit much but we'll see if I work my way up. I have thousands of posts on other car forums that I am a member of, too bad those don't carry over. Anyway, I'm just looking for now.

I'm waiting for money to come in before purchasing this Bronco, but wanted get my research done. If money comes in, I likely won't negotiate much because the owner of it had a motorcycle accident which caused him to be paralyzed and he had it sitting for a few years and decided to sell it.

If I get it, I likely would just put some new LED light bars on it and maybe a winch and a hitch if it doesn't have one and that's about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome jogfrogjog - my first day too.

I just bought a 1990 Eddie Bauer (351W) for my son to take to high school (and for me to play with). It's my first Bronco though I've driven Ford trucks, pickups and cars my entire life. THe Bronco we picked up only has 113K on it, I bought it from an old man that bought it new when he turned 60 (you do the math). Perfect interior and a pretty decent exterior with a little rust in the tailgate. My son was a little surprised we bought it - we had looked at several Rangers for him but most in the price range we were looking were clapped out POSs. I looked at this Bronco on a whim and thought I could hardly go wrong for the price, mileage and condition - except for the gas mileage.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,129 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Be wary of the bubbles on the rear fender. Frequently rust over the wheel wells works its way from the inside out. If you see it on the outside, there might not be much fender left.

The 75 post thing is in response to a rash of ripoffs. They are not going to change it. It gives everyone a chance to get to know new guys before deals are made. They also will drop the post count for post padding ("Nice Truck", "Good job, etc just slapped into threads), If you have forum experience it shouldn't take you long to get there just by jumping in. Noobie Tech is a great place to start. Here in Intros posts don't go toward your count.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts