Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bronco owners~ my name is Frank and I have a 95 Bronco XLT 302. I look forward to being a member on this great site. My Dad bought a 78 Bronco new when I was a kid and we had tons of fun with her. Since I was a kid, I've always wanted a big Bronco. I recently purchased my 95, and she is chunky! - 4" lift and 35's. I just bought 456 gears to replace the stock 355's. She's Beautiful! I fixed the indicator needle and some other minor things. I switched out the speakers for better ones. About to have the headliner professionally redone. Just had the windows tinted. Had to have the oem radio professionally switched out to aftermarket due to the xlt premium sound package which has this weird square amp plug...the guy told me he would bypass the oem amp....all is good, it jams! I'm about to change out the shifter tube assembly on the column (30$) and the shifter skirt (ebay $30) so she will feel good going into gear. I am about ot do the heater core ($30), I noticed some dampness on the pass. floorboard. I checked the ac condensation drain, and it's draining onto the ground(dripping out of the BOX instead of a hose, weird. There is a indention or nipple built/part of the bottom of the box and that is where the condensation drips out of - straight from the box). So I checked the cowls with a water hose and could't get water onto the floorboard, so I will just change the heater core. Purchased a locking gas cap.
We live in FL a mile from the coast, and we go out in the boat and drive on the beach, so I treated with OSPHO and then sprayed 8 cans of rust reformer and primer underneath. She really didn't have any rust to begin with and I want to protect her. When we bought our f150 brand new, I did the same thing and 12 yrs later living a mile from the beach, really no rust on her either. Those of you that have not done this, I spend about 6 hours underneath her with googles and mask and patience. But it's so worth it.
Anyways, I'm in love with my trucks. Enough for now~
Really look forward to being in this forum!
Thanks for allowing me to be here

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,094 Posts
Before you change out the shifter tube, pop your head under the column and wiggle the gear shifter. There's 2 torx screws that come loose and will cause sloppy feeling in the shifter. If they're loose, you'll see them.

·
Vendor
178 Posts
Hi Frank and welcome to the community! There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. You'll find just about anything you might have questions about there. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts