Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the process of ditching my 1989 Maxima for a Bronco, the absolutely only Ford I would ever own(also drive a '02 Camaro Z28:thumbup ), but the Bronco has to be one of my favorite SUV/Truck. I'm gonna go look at a 1984 Bronco w/ 118,000miles tonight and a '96 with 180,000miles tommorow. The '84 asking price is $2495 and the '96 is $3495.

Are there any key trouble areas I need to check out? And are those prices decent, or should I try to negotiate them down. This will be my daily driver for a while, but I want to get a lift and tires this summer to learn about off-roading. Any tips are greatly appreciated and I hope to ride with some of guys soon!!:rockon

·
Garage kept
1,186 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Welcome to FSB.

Do a SEARCH, as there are some threads that cover common areas of problems.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
prices are fair personally haveing both model years i think the 84 has a meaner stance, and looks cooler lifted, but thats just me, also welcome and use search

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
At $1000 less and 62k less miles the 84 is already looking like the better deal. Don't rule out the 84 if it has a 6cyl for that reason alone. The 300 will run forever and has tons of torque. A Bronco isn't built to race ricers, just run over them. The trannies in the early models (C6) seem to have less problems than the E40D too. The biggest drawback(?) I see with the 84 is carb vs EFI but that can be remedied with aftermarket or JY parts. Welcome to FSB.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome, thanks for the tips, I am going out there in a few minutes to take a gander at both of em.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts