Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did use the search function so please don't bash too hard. I want to put a 4" lift on my '78 bronco. The only thing I'm confused about is if I need radius arm drop brackets or wether I can get by with 4 degree c bushings and nothing else. The problem is I can't afford drop brackets on top of everything else.

Thanks

Cameron

S

·
0 Posts
really your far better off extending your radius arms and buyin the brackets i know its epensivebut you are far better off

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 79' F-150 with 4" and don't have extended radius arms or drop radius arm brackets. I have not had any problems. I have recently got long arm set up from Cage Offroad and will be putting them on in the near future.
Don't want to sound dumb but what drop brackets are you talking about?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

What about running some 7 degree c bushings? Anybody done this?

Cameron

·
Registered
106 Posts
I put my 4" lift on about 4 years ago can't remember the degree of bushings. Have you tried calling one these companies in the 4x4 mags.?

National Tire & Wheel 1-800-847-3287 I think last years mag!! Just talk to a sales representative (sp?) They should have everything you need.. ie. extended brake lines, drop pitman arm, drop track bar mount, and lift kit.. I think I actually bougth my through them. Sorry I didn't directally answer question. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine does not have the drop brackets and mine seems to be bound up in the brackets. It almost has no drop to the front suspension. I think it is stiff because of the angle of the arms in the brackets to. Just my to cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts