Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The wife & I own a 96 XL bronco that was purchased so that she can tote the pooches around with us and not have to worry about them tearing anything up. This vehicle replaced her long time ownership of a Jeep Cherokee and little did i know just how much we would love this vehicle. Shortly after buying it, we purchased a soft top for it and replaced the hard top during the summer months so we can roll with the top down and let the dogs enjoy the ride too.

I'm also a member of the cumminsforum and after several sleepless nights and closely read articles, i've begun a few modifications to the Ram to squeeze a bit more juice of it and now that i've found this forum, my plan is to do the same with the Bronco. I am a true believer in doing as much of the work myself because the more i know about my vehicles, the better off we'll be and the less the expense in repairing/replacing we'll have to do. I regret that I don't know too much about the bronco, but i have plenty of experience with the 302 and the c6, so I'm pumped to get started to see what others have done with their rides.

Thank you and Cheers! :beer

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Hey man good to see another Greeley FSB member. I drive a Black and tan 96 eddie bauer with "fullsizebronco.com" on the side. You seen it around?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome:thumbup
Thank you!!! :D

Welcome.

I grew up in Greeley!

Glad to see another CO member.

Right on...I came up to Greeley in 1990 to do the college thing and i've been trying to move out ever since! :doh0715:

Hey man good to see another Greeley FSB member. I drive a Black and tan 96 eddie bauer with "fullsizebronco.com" on the side. You seen it around?
Nope, I haven't seen ya around, but i'll sure keep my eye open for ya! :shocked

I was reading some other posts about weekend "stock safe" trail runs and i'll be sure to keep a close eye on when you all are going. Definitely should do the meet and greet thing and it would be a great way to get some more use out of the bronco. Right now, the wife uses it mostly for getting to and from work, so it would be nice to actually see it go to work on the trails. But it has over 166k miles on it, so not sure how long she'll last before it gives up and i get to think about just how big that 302 block will go!!! hoohoohoo!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
good to see u. You also might try rmftc.com It's a ford site just for the CO people.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're not kidding.

My wife had an older model (but still fuel injected) Jeep Cherokee and she sold that off and paid cash for the bronco and now all of a sudden, i'm ready to go get another one to tinker with so we can hit some trails. I can already see, from other's comments, that a 3-4 inch lift, bigger tires, and maybe a cold air intake and throttle body spacer are probably some of the first mods we'll need to do if we want to put this one into action. I told my wife the other night that we should start putting some money into hers so we could do just that and she said that all she was looking to do with it is paint it. I think our friends (who restore and paint vehicles) have her talked into painting it Orange :drinkbud

Maybe with everything else blacked out, it might just look pretty nice. It should go good with the soft top anyway, but i want to see some lift and tires on this thing. Might be a while before i can talk her into it, but eventually we'll do it.

Just found out from reading some of the forum threads that the back seat is completely removable. :chili: That means we can 4 wheel back to some quiet place and camp out in the back of the thing without having to pull the popup with us. Way cool!!! ;)

Oh and thank you for the welcome everyone!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you! Yea, i'm eager to see what it will do just stock, i'm a little nervous from the height that it sits at, but until i have enough funds to cure that, it will have to do. I've read a few other online sites for places to go in the northern colorado area to do some wheelin, so some of those that are just offroad trails wouldnt be bad at all. I know camp dick is pretty close to you, wileec, how do you feel about that trail, if you've been on it? I wouldn't mind checking it out, but i know the season is going to be cutting us off before to long. I'll see what i can do to talk the wife into trying out some of these trails, she's deathly afraid of heights after taking the switchbacks with her brother up that road at the end of the town of telluride. Who knows, she might get into it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts