Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is my very first post, sorry if my question is dumb. I just picked up my 94 Bronco yesterday, it is stock but the previous owner just put some new 33x12.5x15, Yokohama ats tires on some aftermarket rims (not sure of specs). Anyways, the tires rub when turning (mostly when turning to the left). Im not sure if this is an alignment problem, or just need some greater offset wheels.

I would like the tires to stick out from the fender maybe 1 inch. Right now, they are inside the fender and looks pretty funny. Any idea what size rims I should be looking for? I saw some online (americas tire) the specs was 15x8 5-5.5 -12. I am not sure if this is offset enough. Also, do you think i will have a problem with rubbing the fender if the tires are sticking out past the fender? The truck does not have a lift.

Thanks for the help!

Felix :beer

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you change the offset on the wheels you're going to have to get it aligned because the camber will change. I would take a wheel off and measure it to find out what the backspacing is 'cause if you don't know the current backspacing it'll be hard to tell if the new ones will move them enough and in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
rubbing at full turn is normal with the TTB setup. They rub the radius arms, even with 15x12 rims with a good amount of backspacing Keep the 33s if that's all they rub on, just adjust steering stops, or just don't go to full lock when turning.

Ken

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delayed response. I actually think I found the problem....it is actually a caster problem, the radius arm bushing is shot and the left wheel is more forward than the right. The tire is rubbing on the front bumper, only at about a half turn. Also, the bumper may be bent back a little bit. Changing the wheels with a greater offset may just make it worse until it is fixed. I bought the bushing, just need to find time to install. Ill update soon.... Thanks everybody.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts