Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am somewhat embarassed to ask :duh but I was wondering if some of you can point out where the following parts are under the Bronco. Also, what bushings can really effect the ride quality more than others? And do you think the poly body mount bushings will fit the factory bolts? I was thinking about buying them all at Jeffs unless someone knows somewhere better. I haven't spent a lot of time doing my own mechanical work but I'm fixing to change that.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-168

Steering Stabilizer Bushings-

Shackle Bushings-

Sway Bar Bushings-

Tie Rod Bushings-

Axle Pivot Bushings-

Trac-Bar Bushings-

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
BurlyQ said:
I am somewhat embarassed to ask :duh but I was wondering if some of you can point out where the following parts are under the Bronco. Also, what bushings can really effect the ride quality more than others? And do you think the poly body mount bushings will fit the factory bolts? I was thinking about buying them all at Jeffs unless someone knows somewhere better. I haven't spent a lot of time doing my own mechanical work but I'm fixing to change that.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-168

Steering Stabilizer Bushings-

Shackle Bushings-

Sway Bar Bushings-

Tie Rod Bushings-

Axle Pivot Bushings-

Trac-Bar Bushings-
1. Do you have a steering stabilizer? Some do some dont. It will look like a shock connected to your steering linkage.

2. Inside each rear schackle where they attach to there hangers.

3. Where the front swaybar mounts attach to the fame and possibly another set of bushings on the end links.

4. On the end of each tie rod.

5. Where each beam of the front axle pivots in the midde of the frame. These will most deff. be the hardest do do out of all you listed.

6. Do you have a trac-bar?

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Next time read the forum title...your not showing us a tech write up.

rad arm and ttb pivot are at the top

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GTRider245 said:
1. Do you have a steering stabilizer? Some do some dont. It will look like a shock connected to your steering linkage.

2. Inside each rear schackle where they attach to there hangers.

3. Where the front swaybar mounts attach to the fame and possibly another set of bushings on the end links.

4. On the end of each tie rod.

5. Where each beam of the front axle pivots in the midde of the frame. These will most deff. be the hardest do do out of all you listed.

6. Do you have a trac-bar?
Thanks for the post, I guess part of the confusion was that I thought I was supposed to have all these under the Bronco but when I looked I didn't see that many bushings.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
BurlyQ said:
Thanks for the post, I guess part of the confusion was that I thought I was supposed to have all these under the Bronco but when I looked I didn't see that many bushings.
Well, to make it simple, EVERY Bronco should have the tie rod, shackle, and axle pivot bushings. So go from there.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
not all broncos will have axle pivot bushings----or they hide real well on the 1978-79 broncos (or or even gen 1 broncos)...lol most will have radius arm bushings........mike

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
collinsperformance said:
not all broncos will have axle pivot bushings----or they hide real well on the 1978-79 broncos (or or even gen 1 broncos)...lol most will have radius arm bushings........mike
OK, let me rephrase. All 80-96 Broncos will have axle pivot bushings.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
81Bronk36 said:
Next time read the forum title...your not showing us a tech write up.
Steve83 said:
This thread is not a technical writeup or an install. It belongs in the General Tech forum. :twak
Ok that's two, anybody else who wants to make the new guy feel like sh*t please way in.:thumbup
Can't a Moderator move this or something?

Thank you mr Moderator sir.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.