Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time poster.. I have never owned a bronco but i have owned multiple rangers, a 95 f350, f150, explorer, and am currently driving an 01 dodge 2500. I am thinking about buying a Fullsize Bronco between 1990-96 and putting in a 6" lift and 35" tires, headers and true dual exhaust and a shift kit and torque converter. Not looking for a trail rig, gonna pull the top and toss it as well as the carpet and prob bedline the floor. Just gonna be a summer time beach cruiser. Just wondering what you guys think of a build like that? I am not sure what is the good and bad about these broncos so any input is much appreciated!!! Please don't flame me to bad!! haha:smilie_slap

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,192 Posts
Most find that shorty headers & large single exhaust is a better choice for these trucks, since the t-case & front driveshaft can get in the way of the average true dual setup. There are a few who have made it work, but most end up with a big single pipe.

They're fun with the back open. If it's open year round, I guess you'll have to think about where to drain water, since the front is lower than the bed area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply... I planned on storing it in the winter time. It will just be used for cruising to the beach and old logging roads on friday and saturday nights!! I was thinking short tube headers aswell just because they pretty much bolt right up. I may go with a single exhaust if I cant fit duals. How bad are the auto transmission in these rigs? Can't be much worse than a stock dodge!! lol

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
the automatics are good, just get a big friggin' auxillary cooler for them... each one has its little tricks to make it last a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts