Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, ive just blown up my 302 1986 engine which was the fuel injected model, ive looked on wikepedia & it seems that all motors up to say 1994 in 302 are the same, is this correct, i can get a bronco 1994 engine over here in australia but it has no, altenator, waterpump, or throttle body, it also has the oil filler on the front left rockere cover & mine is on the front right, can i simply put my parts onto this later engine & all will bolt in, i can get the computer with that newer engine, so i wont need to run mine.

will this work???????:chili:

REMEMBER,,,,, TO GAT THAT BOLT REALLY TIGHT,,,,,,,,,,,,STRIP IT,,,,,,,,,,,, THEN BACK IT OFF 2 TURNS......

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yup, it will work, AND make a little more power. Just swap all your diferent parts over to it, and your good to go!!

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Are you getting the WHOLE harness with the computer and engine too?

It may be a mass air motor, so you had probably better get every single piece to the new setup too.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Personally, it seems that it would be a lot simpler to just keep your harness and computer.
I'd think to do this all you'd have to do is swap maybe the intake at the very most. I don't know about emissions down under but might have to swap smog crap also if it's different.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone know if the front timing chain cover is the same for a 86 FI 302 to a 1994 FI 302, does standard windsor gear drives that you see on ebay fit into these motors,........ i just need that supercharger sound.....
REMEMBER....TO GET THAT BOLT REALLY TIGHT......STRIP IT.......THEN BACK IT OFF 2 TURNS.....

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Are you keeping your V-belts or switching to the serpentine ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
keeping the v belts, as the belt system, waterpump & throttle body are not on the newer 302, so ill have to use my 86 FI belt stuff & throttle body

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
keeping the v belts, as the belt system, waterpump & throttle body are not on the newer 302, so ill have to use my 86 FI belt stuff & throttle body
Just as well on the water pump as the serpentines went reverse flow at some time or other.

Know that your E-6 heads (on the 86) are very different than the later E-7 heads, as are your pistons.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
897 Posts
headers are the same. Same bolt pattern, and port placement

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
does that mean the extractors wont fit??, or are you talking internally only...
Nope, they should fit fine (manifolds or headers right ?)

I mean the pistons and heads are different. You can't use 86 pistons with later heads.

Sixlitre

1 - 11 of 11 Posts