Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BBK ceramic coated 351w Truck headers.

Test test fitting my valve covers for rocker arm clearance. Also had to bend the chit out of the dipstick tube to fit and miss the upper intake and A/C compresor.

The spark plug boot is there to make sure we have clearnce around the bent dipstick tube. We ground of the tube bracket off, and I have a two part apoxy curing to hold it in it's new position.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
That looks real purdy Gack. When are you dropping it in?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Lookin sweeeeeeeet Gak. Wanna race? Before you epoxy the dipstick tube in place make sure you can get a spark plug socket on and install AND remove the spark plug. I cut off most of my dipstick tube bracket. I just left one part to hold with the header bolt, but I still have to loosen the header bolt and move the tube a little bit to get the socket on the plug. Mine is back by #7 plug though, wouldn't that have been easier for ya.

What are you dong for a dizzy? Just wondering because if you plan on staying with a Ford dizzy I have everything you'd need to rebuild it and make it new. Ford is just as good as the aftermarket ones.

Hurry up and get that thing in man, you're never gonna want to turn it off once you get it done.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
RLKBOB said:
Before you epoxy the dipstick tube in place make sure you can get a spark plug socket on and install AND remove the spark plug.
Way ahead of you. aNote in the second pic there is a plug and a boot from my old "ACCEL 300+" wires installed:thumbup

RLKBOB said:
Mine is back by #7 plug though, wouldn't that have been easier for ya.
I figured if I put i at #7 it would hit the intake air tube. :shrug

RLKBOB said:
What are you dong for a dizzy? Just wondering because if you plan on staying with a Ford dizzy I have everything you'd need to rebuild it and make it new. Ford is just as good as the aftermarket ones.
Ford is better.

But in this case I am gonna buy a A-1 Cardone reman one.

I preach FORD parts, but I have had a lot of luck with the A-1 reman distributors.

But, what do tou have. And how much?
The 351w (Sludgy) did come with a badly beat up dizzy.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Everything. Shaft, gear, roll pin, armature, stator(pick up coil), octane rod, screws, rubber bushing. Everything but the actual housing but I can get those too. Also have the dizzy mounted TFI modules.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do apreciate the offer, but I think for ease, I'm gonna go with the reman. :beer

Even if it is against my usual advice. :toothless

You put your tube at #7 ?

Post the pic. :shocked

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BroncoBabe said:
*drooool* That looks bad ass Mr Gacknar.
Thank you, Thank you.

You, Dale and Dan, will be here for the initial starting and cam break in, Yes?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
This isn't a close up but it kinda shows where the dipstick is. If you wanted all the stuff for a new Ford dizzy I'd let you have it all for $40 +sh (including a new Motorcraft TFI module). If you are interested I can get you a pic of everything I'm talking about.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
looks good gack, can i have it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts