Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
don't know anything about them but I like general grabber at2 they are about them same price as the nexen tires for 31's I just put a set of 33's on mine.

·
Super Moderator
26,030 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I bought my 94 Bronco in 2012 it had a new set of the Roadian 31s on it. I've since put them on my 91 and they ride and drive well, and although the vehicle doesn't get driven a lot, it appears that they are gonna wear well also. I'd never heard of them before. The bronco came from Arizona so I figured they were some regional brand but have seen a few in these parts since.
The tread pattern on mine looks different than the one pictured. Mine are actually Roadian AT II's

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice to hear that they do well. Putting those 31s won't mess up my tach will it? I know 31 is about the highest you can go without lifting.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
We use a lot of Nexens and Fuzions to go on used cars here at the dealership. They seem to wear ok and are priced decent. Haven't had any major issues that I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very nice to hear that they do well. Putting those 31s won't mess up my tach will it? I know 31 is about the highest you can go without lifting.
Hi. The tach is engine speed only and wont be affected by tire size. 31's are a stock size tire...basically the same as 265's. You will have no issues with 31's (they are the recommended and original size) and it sounds like a lot of people run 33's with no problems. I haven't tried 33's so I have no idea.

Standard to Metric Result:
31x10.5/15 = 267/76/15

I run these (http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?query=wrangler authority 31x10.5r15&cat_id=0&facet=tire_diameter:15 )and have had excellent results. You get a price discount if you purchase a set of 4 so it gets it even closer to the price you are looking at. Great reviews and they haven't let me down! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Almost ordered BFG KO all terrains from them after I saw their price but they wanted $180 shipping. That killed any kind of savings

·
Registered
159 Posts
Never tried those. I'm looking at getting Cooper Discoverer AT3's (31's) on my truck tomorrow, I've heard they make good Daily driver/offroad tires.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The cooper at3 tires are for summer time on pavement. You shall be disappointed. Most everybody that has them around here does not like them due to traction problems, premature wear, and the uncanny ability to set up bad cupping even with regular rotations. Definitely not a tire for off roading.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The cooper at3 tires are for summer time on pavement. You shall be disappointed. Most everybody that has them around here does not like them due to traction problems, premature wear, and the uncanny ability to set up bad cupping even with regular rotations. Definitely not a tire for off roading.
I hadn't heard all that before. I'm not a big off-roader, I would like to have something for mild off roading (driving on the farm), something good throughout the four seasons and minimal road noise. I've heard they're good all around tires for the daily driver and mild off roader. I certainly never would have guessed they would be in the same category as summer tires haha. Not too mention they have to be better than my 97' Michelin LT's that are currently on it! I'm glad you said something though because I may have to reconsider my options.
Any recommendations?

Update: I'm going to take my chances on the cooper at3's.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Going from stock 235/75/15 to 31/10.5/15 will throw the speedo off about 6%.

At 50 you're doing 53, at 100 106, etc. Be sure to figure this in with your MPG checks, too.

·
Super Moderator
26,030 Posts
yo OG,
Calculator - Speedometer Adjustment for Tire Size Change

for diameter in inches of each size see;
http://generaltire.com/tires/light-truck-crossover-suv/grabber-at2

Use 255/70R15 because they do not list 255/75/15
29.1 " diameter

31X10.50R15LT is 30.8" diameter

look up your current tires for their diameter and plug it into the calculator

Also,
Overall Diameter
A tire's overall diameter is the outer diameter of the tire measured in the center of the tread. This measurement is made without any load placed upon the tire and after the tire has been properly mounted on its industry assigned measuring rim and has been inflated and reset to its test pressure after 24 hours

Tire Circumference; ensure that the tires you decide on buying are not discontinued (not now manufactured by the tire maker). Ask around - don't rely on verbals by just one dealer. Because; A tire slasher messed my plans up $ wise in JAN when he slashed two 32x11.50 Daytons; they were just a year old at the time. I found that Dayton stopped making em (in 32s) right after I bought them and None are avail anywhere....; so I ended up w/ two Michelin LTX® M/S 32x11.50R15 in an emergency buy that late Saturday afternoon; guess what? right, they stopped mfg em too! Prob is finding tires in the future to replace the Daytons that have an actual inflated diameter close enuf (see below) to whatever is in in-place so that we can do the std rotation & don't rip up the Xfer case, etc. This is by BW for its Xfer cases, esp the 1356; Diameter & Pressure Difference for Transfer Case Operation; "...Before attempting any diagnostic work or trouble shooting on the transfer cases, make sure that the tire pressures and circumference are all the same. Do not just compare tire sidewall labels, you must measure each tire around the center of the tread. A stagger gauge will let you do this with the vehicle on the ground in 5 minutes. The tires must match in size to ¼” (.250)..." If you want to buy on-line, after picking out the combo you need, go to a local privately-owned tire shop and see if they'll beat/match total installed cost w/free life-time rotations and anything else you can get (road hazard...etc.)
Source: by miesk5 at FSB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts