Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a girl and I can cut, weld, build a motor, stab a tranny and design electrical circuits.
I put a 270 hp gt 40 5.0 in a bronco and run it with a 95 mustang ecu with e fans and everything works. She gets off her ass and keeps up on I 30 in the fast lane. Passes everything but a gas station. Keyless entry with door keypad.
Auto lamps from a town car.
I have run my ideas by people and get the whole " oh you can't do that" or " that won't work". And " you better find a good mechanic to do that ".
Well honey, I grew up in a shop and I've been under more cars than guys have been under me.馃槈
Girl power!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
That's awesome. You sound very confident! Must be left handed...lol. I say that because I have just as much confidence too. With my current build, I have a lot of people like, "you know how to do all that? " Yes... yes I do.

Welcome to our community!

85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
I can... ...stab a tranny
That there is a quote worth its weight in gold :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to FSB! We have a number of strong and confident women here. Seems like you will fit right in!

Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 313K miles
I'll take the 5th on this one. Welcome aboard, even though you've been onboard for almost a year now, you finally made a big splash!!!!(y)
I'm always open to learning something new, so when do classes begin?

Premium Member
1979 Bronco XLT, 460 cid
I'm a girl and I can cut, weld, build a motor, stab a tranny and design electrical circuits.
I put a 270 hp gt 40 5.0 in a bronco and run it with a 95 mustang ecu with e fans and everything works. She gets off her ass and keeps up on I 30 in the fast lane. Passes everything but a gas station. Keyless entry with door keypad.
I have run my ideas by people and get the whole " oh you can't do that" or " that won't work". And " you better find a good mechanic to do that ".
Well honey, I grew up in a shop and I've been under more cars than guys have been under me.馃槈
Girl power!
Welcome aboard! If you are anywhere close to Southeast Iowa, I will gladly hire you to do work on my three classic Fords because I can't find a good mechanic in my area that can diagnose and fix anything without a computer in it to tell them what to replace ... must be because they are all men.

Registered
Since she knows how to stab a tranny, I think she can toot her own horn. Too many male and female nay sayers in this world. Too may people worried about other peoples business. Afraid someone is going to make them look bad. If more people got up off their asses and actually did something we all would be better off. I would much rather someone came to me and said I tried but I couldn't figure this out, can you help me please, rather than I can't do anything like that can you do it for me.

If you were my daughter I would be proud of you and momma should be too for showing up the boys. You are one girl that will go far in life without having to depend on someone else to do things for you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yo Cassie,
Have you completed swapping out your 88s dash?
Yes I have but I haven't found a touch screen stereo that I want yet but the AC control is installed in the original radio spot and it's so nice having the ninties style AC controls .
My next thing will be the cluster. I'm ditching the factory gauges for aftermarket and will probably do it like the foxbody with the gauges on each corner, tach and speedo across the middle.

Eric
I can, totally, appreciate the gravity and conviction of the OP's statements. However, this post, in this section, is like someone screaming, "I have the right to order any kind of pizza and toppings I want!"

..... while standing in line at Burger King. Lol.

That being said, I'm curious what prompted this post. Did someone believe you incapable of doing something on your vehicle because you're a female? Shame on them if they pulled that card.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome aboard! If you are anywhere close to Southeast Iowa, I will gladly hire you to do work on my three classic Fords because I can't find a good mechanic in my area that can diagnose and fix anything without a computer in it to tell them what to replace ... must be because they are all men.
I'm in East Texas
Since she knows how to stab a tranny, I think she can toot her own horn. Too many male and female nay sayers in this world. Too may people worried about other peoples business. Afraid someone is going to make them look bad. If more people got up off their asses and actually did something we all would be better off. I would much rather someone came to me and said I tried but I couldn't figure this out, can you help me please, rather than I can't do anything like that can you do it for me.

If you were my daughter I would be proud of you and momma should be too for showing up the boys. You are one girl that will go far in life without having to depend on someone else to do things for you.
Thank babe, my daddy was a master mechanic but he only had girls. He'd take us to the drag races

Registered
Good on you, if only I could be a fly on the wall when you make men cringe.......

And glad i'm not a tranny.........

85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
next thing will be the cluster. I'm ditching the factory gauges for aftermarket and will probably do it like the foxbody with the gauges on each corner, tach and speedo across the middle
Ill just leave these pics of my 85 here for inspiration... The best tip i can give you is to keep the wiring neat and tidy... It gets to be quite the pile of spaghetti!

Registered
No one is born a mechanic, roofer, block mason, welder , auto body technician

These are mostly blue collar jobs that only require determination, self motivation, and the ability to learn from a hands on approach.

We are not the BMW driving yuppies that bring their rigs into the shop for an oil change. We appreciate your hard work ..... but that is all part of owning a 25+ year old Bronco.

Maybe you meant for this to be directed to the NEW Bronco owning crowd. Those sissy ass ..... heated steering wheel .... posers might judge you.... but no one on here will.

Registered
1983, 5.8, automatic transmission, manual transfer NP208F
That there is a quote worth its weight in gold :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to FSB! We have a number of strong and confident women here. Seems like you will fit right in!
This one isn't bad either.:LOL:

Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU

Thats all well and good but this particular section is for NEWBIE TECH questions....

Registered
Girl power!
Wish I could find someone as dedicated and experienced as you in my part of the country to work on my 95!

Registered
Wish I could find someone as dedicated and experienced as you in my part of the country to work on my 95!
Hey Cassie, I have a question for you. My 95 which has a rebuilt 351W which runs good. When I let it sit for awhile and first start out the transmission kicks in hard but as she warms up things seem to go back to normal. This is the original transmission, what do you think?

Registered
Girl power!
You rock! My sons want nothing to do with being in the garage with me but my daughters live for it. My daughter changes her boyfriends oil while i call him names. Any idiot who tells you you cant. Give them a little throttle bip and shrug them off! Keep up the good work.

Registered
1990 Ford Bronco XLT
Yes I have but I haven't found a touch screen stereo that I want yet but the AC control is installed in the original radio spot and it's so nice having the ninties style AC controls .
My next thing will be the cluster. I'm ditching the factory gauges for aftermarket and will probably do it like the foxbody with the gauges on each corner, tach and speedo across the middle.

There is a dude on FB who is making custom center consoles for the Broncos...he can incorporate a tablet or touchscreen radio in the console as well as some subs and other things like gauges...I am looking forward to getting one of his consoles...mainly cause I can't find a radio with a screen that works with how the dash protrudes over the stock radio or if the screen comes down it blocks the AC controls...what I'm going to do is install my CB and Linear amp in the stock radio slot and use the new center console for the tablet/radio.

I had a Harley back in the day and I had custom dash gauges made by Dakota Digital...and they're telling me they can make a speedo Dash cluster for my bronco...just need the $$$ lol...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts