Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

FSM Lifetime
Discussion Starter #1
This is for sale near me in Alaska. Never considered myself a fan of the "Old Broncos" until I saw this.

1978 Ford Bronco XLT - $9850 (Eagle River)

1978 Ford Bronco XLT "Heavy Duty Trailer Tow Special". This is a true survivor truck. Original paint for the most part barring touch ups, no rust, no body damage, New Upgraded Brake System front to back, new starter, alt, fuel pump, rear window works fine, fresh tune up with totally new ignition system (Blue Box/Distrib/Seleniod/Cap/rotor), etc..., new u-joints, wheel bearings, new tie-rods, new steering box, power steering pump, new suspension bushings, new shocks. Odo says 83k, but its turned over I'm sure, Previous owner installed a 460 from a 1971 Lincoln (D1VE block#) that had 30k+ mi in 1993, Edlebrock Performer with a new Edlebrock 4bbl 750 carb. Really sharp install looks factory. It has a C-6 with an NP205 transfer case. The interior is in great shape and is a dealer option upgrade, really unique. Newer studded winter tires on the vehicle currently plus an Extra set of 1996 Bronco Alum Rims n Tires with 50% tread. Runs Great and could be a daily driver if you don't mind the mileage (9-11 MPG). eastern oregon truck and always garaged up here. HARD to find these Second Generation Bronco's in this great of condition. If we were staying in AK I would keep this rig however I can't afford the shipping to take it with us. text me if you need more

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
My Dad had a similar swap on his '79 with an old Lincoln he'd had rebuilt and later decided to get rid of the land yacht.
Damn thing will give you whiplash if you're not paying attention. :thumbup

Looks like a pretty clean ride, for sure... but if you're that easily swayed, you've been a 2nd gen fan and just never knew it. ;)
Noticed the rear views were swapped out with newer model ones... wonder what else was swapped?

FSM Lifetime
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a pretty clean ride, for sure... but if you're that easily swayed, you've been a 2nd gen fan and just never knew it. ;)
Haha maybe you're right......I don't know what it is, that old pickup-truck style?

Noticed the rear views were swapped out with newer model ones... wonder what else was swapped?
Wow, great eyes! I didn't even notice that.... I like it though.

Wow, great eyes! I didn't even notice that.... I like it though.
not really... you just notice stuff like that when you have one in the back yard. ;)

Registered
See, I'm not the only one that likes power mirrors on my old Fords. It sure looks nice, but there isn't any way that that paint is "Original except touch ups" Even if it had those tiny little square mirrors you would be doing more than "touch ups" to get those 90's mirrors on.
Swamp

Registered
nice looking and equipped for sure

just don't drive it in a snow storm,you would never find it

I surely wouldn't kick it out of my driveway!

Registered
Fine looking vehicle!

I reckon I'm tone deaf about such things, not something I'd spend 10k on.

BUT, that is just me, I suppose we all have different tastes.

I'm a cheap bastard myself Jay but it won't be long before these old second gens will be rare enough to start pulling down prices similar to those 1 gens.

Registered
I understand, Pepe. Indeed, I understand. It's like buying a Korth. It commands a price and may well be worth it, but I'm a GP100 or a model 27 kind of guy. :)

Premium Member
The interior is in great shape and is a dealer option upgrade
Oh really? :doh0715:

No such thing as a "dealer option upgrade" LMAO

See, I'm not the only one that likes power mirrors on my old Fords. It sure looks nice, but there isn't any way that that paint is "Original except touch ups" Even if it had those tiny little square mirrors you would be doing more than "touch ups" to get those 90's mirrors on.
Swamp
Nope, now there are 2 of ya. :brownbag

I'm a cheap bastard myself Jay but it won't be long before these old second gens will be rare enough to start pulling down prices similar to those 1 gens.
One can only hope.

Registered
Oh really? :doh0715:

No such thing as a "dealer option upgrade" LMAO

Lots of "dealer option" upgrades out there. Just means the dealer ordered the parts from some supplier and added them to the vehicle. Years ago I remember the Topeka dealer offering "Twister Mustangs" - this was for 1984 and 1985 Mustangs not the 1970 Mustang. Dealer added options (mostly a decal kit) to the Mustang - nothing to do with Ford. They are hardly rare - who do you think put all those "cloth tops" on the later Towncars and Grand Marquis?

Registered
Nice looking truck, but it's not really a "survivor" like the add says, with a replaced motor and all the other "new" parts.
Agreed. Hardly original and the replaced engine alone means the term "survivor" is being seriously abused.

While I don't consider this one a "survivor" either, but its a lot closer than the white one listed above.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Bronco...cf0b1d007&item=261736222727&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

If only they hadn't put the chrome kit on the engine.

Premium Member
Lots of "dealer option" upgrades out there. Just means the dealer ordered the parts from some supplier and added them to the vehicle. Years ago I remember the Topeka dealer offering "Twister Mustangs" - this was for 1984 and 1985 Mustangs not the 1970 Mustang. Dealer added options (mostly a decal kit) to the Mustang - nothing to do with Ford. They are hardly rare - who do you think put all those "cloth tops" on the later Towncars and Grand Marquis?
Did you read what I quoted?

The interior is in great shape and is a dealer option upgrade,
There were NO "dealer option" interior upgrades for a 78-79 Bronco.

Agreed. Hardly original and the replaced engine alone means the term "survivor" is being seriously abused.

While I don't consider this one a "survivor" either, but its a lot closer than the white one listed above.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Bronco...cf0b1d007&item=261736222727&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

If only they hadn't put the chrome kit on the engine.
I bought a 79 F-350 4wd supercab from this MF'er and he swore it was a D60. I got the truck and it was a D44. I wouldn't trust this jagoff as far as I could throw him.

Registered
Did you read what I quoted?

There were NO "dealer option" interior upgrades for a 78-79 Bronco.

I did and so? Dealer-installed options do not have to be approved by the automaker. They're also not usually covered by an automaker's factory warranty. Dealers pick and choose which accessories they want to sell and can even set the prices themselves. Those prices are not listed on the official new-car window sticker. Instead, they're typically listed separately, often on a second window sticker that the dealer applies. It was pretty common back in the 1970s.

:rolleyes:

Premium Member
I did and so? Dealer-installed options do not have to be approved by the automaker. They're also not usually covered by an automaker's factory warranty. Dealers pick and choose which accessories they want to sell and can even set the prices themselves. Those prices are not listed on the official new-car window sticker. Instead, they're typically listed separately, often on a second window sticker that the dealer applies. It was pretty common back in the 1970s.
Holy shit, I give up. :banghead

1 - 20 of 24 Posts