Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im trying to get a bunch of Dirty Jerseyians together for a wheeling trip. maybe down at the crystal lakes (manchestor) but ive been told that cops are out in full force lately. Any other ideas, and any other wheelers lets try to get a date going...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some week in Feb maybe

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
what part? my cousin lives in south jersey (camden, brooklawn, glouscter area)

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Monticello?

I read that Jeep did one of their jamboree's in Monticello NY. That is only about a hour NW of Jersey, Does anyone have any information about what is available there, and just where it is located?
joe

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
i drive by/thru monticello often enough, but i'm not familiar with anything there.

isn't wharton state forest legal to wheel? i mean, i was just there a couple of months ago...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to a certain extent. To my knolledge your allowed on the dirt roads that are marked. If you get caught by a ranger off the designated trail they screw you all over the place.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I was on the fire roads @ wharton not too long ago and headed off the path only to find that the trails were all blocked off with HUGE obstacles that never used to be there before. It's only a matter of time before it's over. I'm not worried about the rangers but I'm not a big fan of driving back and forth through mud..I like trails and scenery. Seems like thats going away. Rausch Creek is all I know of that's left...

·
Registered
45 Posts
rausch creek it is. whos in?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where at. All the places i no of (two) are illegal to wheel. I never had the chance to get the beast out to paragon, or for that matter wanted to bring my truck there. ( im more or less mud crazy, rocks arent really my thing) but i cant decide if rausch creek is worth the 3 hour drive with gas being so damn expensive. anyone been to rausch and think its worth it for just mud. I mean dont get me wrong some rocks are ok, but the long deep pits is what gets me going.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
i think i've been to rausch 5 or 6 times. there is definitely some mud to play in there. i like it because it has alot of everything, though. last time i was there we found a nice big mudhole and it took me damn near a week to clean my engine bay out. i've plugged two radiators with that damn PA mud...

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
isn't wharton state forest legal to wheel? i mean, i was just there a couple of months ago...
Between this

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/legis/2005c330.pdf

and this (when it passes.........IF??)

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A4500/4172_I1.HTM

This bill, while touted by the media as applying to quads/bikes, it actually says.

“Off-road vehicle” means any motorized vehicle with two or more wheels or tracks that is capable of being operated off of regularly improved and maintained roads including but not limited to motorcycles as defined in R.S.39:1-1, and all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, and dirt bikes as defined in section 5 of P.L.1991, c.496 (C.2A:42A-6.1)."

It means impounds and possible loss of lisc if caught "off the trail" (whatever that officially means, since NO trails are marked at all). It won't be worth the risk of even trying to ride the legal roads if your in anything that looks more aggressive than a stock explorer (since the rangers HATE wheelers).

What I don't have right now is this, can't find it online, but the above wording seems to onclude anything that can go offroad, so it may be mute anyway.

New Jersey Division of Transportation Division of Motor Vehicles P.L. 1991 C.496

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rausch sounds like it might be worth the trip. I think i might be going out with for the Meet. Just hope the D60s will be finished by then:notworthy

Yea this state is trying some serious crap to stop us from anything they dont like. This all goes back to someone getting caught and instead of saying sorry and leaving with their head down, they argue like an ass. Screw us all in the long run. Does this new bill the states trying to pass has a citizen meeting? if so we should all (to fight for something we believe in) go and argue our point. If 1000 of us park our trucks by a state building, that will have them thinking twice.:rockon

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The bill was not put up for a vote in tthe assembly, but was reintorduced for this legislative session with a new bill number. A823

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/

A823 Regulates operation of Snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, dirt bikes, and certain other vehicles and off-road vehicles.

Last Session Bill Number: A4172 (ACS) S3024

A1054 Raises penalties for operating Snowmobiles or all-terrain vehicles while under the influence.

Last Session Bill Number: A1322

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
maybe you can help me out a little bit. i found the new bill you linked. It states that the all-terrain vehicle having three or more rubber tires and gasoline powered no more than 600 cc's. Does this mean that my nice big 660cc raptor is exempt? or am i just not completely understanding the legal mumbo jumbo. (damn smartass assemblyman).

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am to believe the transportation committee has to revise it caus eas stated its a bit outdated since originally introduced by carreer politicians that are on the take. They are on the path of bringing it back but it needs revisions and then it will be back out infront of the gov to be enacted. if they make the recomended changes there will be no exemptions for motor, tire count or size, as well as vehicle. as Ox stated above " but not limited" will be the cursor that kills.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Pretty sure there is a wheelin weekend planned for northeast chapter at rausch in april.try a search i know its a pretty large thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts