Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the pinout diagram below I am supposed to have 12v to ground on pin #4 on my harness. As it stands now I do not. I have tried with the key in all positions and with the engine running and with the headlights and running lights on and still no dice.

All other pins work perfect. I have looked in the owners manual and cannot find a dedicated fuse for this pin like the others have so I am not sure where it sources its power from. Does anyone have any advice on where to start trouble shooting this issue? Many thanks!

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
:stupid

After you're sure the fuses are good, grab a test light or DVOM, start at the plug, then move forward, checking for battery voltage between that line and chassis ground.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Oh, and the ignition has to be in the run position to get any voltage through that pin. It's not an always-on electrical source.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a fuse for it under the hood, driver's side fuse box.
I must have read over the fuse chart in the manual like 5 times, I will go read again and report back. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
as i recall when i had my 96 f250 in order to use the 7 pin harness i had to install a relay in fuse box under hood that came with the wiring harness. i also had to purchase a 30 amp maxi fuse to put in the empty slot also in the fuse box under the hood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts