Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone I have some new issues with my basket case! :)

1. No turnsignals. none. not in the front not in the rear. No lights in the dash either. Replaced a fuse that was blown, and still nothing.

2. No brake lights. Not when the lights are on, not when the lights are off. none. Replaced bulbs and nothing.

I think the two are connected, but this truck is so new to me, I have no idea what to even look for or where to start with her.

Are there any wiring diagrams online to get to?

Any suggestions?

As usual, thanks in advance for the advice!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've found that when I have a taillight issue, it's almost always a bad ground.... they ground to the body right behind the taillight with a screw.... and the rear tire throws up everything on the back side of the taillight mounting bucket.... I'd check there first....

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll tear it apart again, but isn't it the same ground for both the parking lights and the tailights/turnsignals? If so, my parking lights work, just not the brake lights/turnisignals.

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was my first thought. They were clean(ish) :) Where can I get new sockets at?

and btw, thanks for the help

·
Registered
404 Posts
I really can't tell ya where to get new ones at, as I've never bought them.... LMC, or Dennis Carper I'd think..... I've always used a little screw driver and a small piece of sand paper and clean them up like that....

Now I'm not saying that is the problem.... just a way to eliminate the possiblity of those being your problem...

I pretty sure that there are wiring diagrams over at ProjectBronco.com

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check em out tomorrow. I could not find any wiring diagrams on PJB however. If anyone can find them, I'd really appreaciate the link to them!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hold on... you said your parking lights work, but your parking tailights and turnsignals don't... well it wouldn't be the bulb housing connections then...:doh0715: So it'd almost have to be in the switch, or the power supply.... to or from the switch... ??

If I'm not mistaken... the wiring harness for the taillights, runs out the fire wall near the hood hinge on the driver side, under the truck, and along the driverside frame rail to the driver side tail light, then under the tail gate to the passeneger side tail light.... If you unplug it at the fire wall, and use a test light to see if it has power there, then you should be able to use the process of elimination to find the problem....

·
Registered
110 Posts
check to make sure all the wires are hooked to the starter relay on the fenderwell. Had the same problem, one was unhooked from when i replaced the relay.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
If I'm not mistaken... the wiring harness for the taillights, runs out the fire wall near the hood hinge on the driver side, under the truck, and along the driverside frame rail to the driver side tail light, then under the tail gate to the passeneger side tail light.... If you unplug it at the fire wall, and use a test light to see if it has power there, then you should be able to use the process of elimination to find the problem....
Your not mistaken. That is how the wiring runs from front to back. Start where Johnny said at the firewall to see if you have power coming out. The front L+R wiring haness both have plugs into the main harness. The rear has a plug together harness under the driver side rear of the truck. Check to make sure the harnesses are plugged in and not corroded.

You may also want to get to the stoplight switch to make sure you have power there. It is located above the brake pedal.

Dash lights, did you try rotating the headlight switch knob?

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, I will check it out later today. does anyone have a wiring diagram for the truck? as nothing is labeled and I have no idea what im lookin for!

the brake pedal has a switch that moves with the pedal. is that the one to check? if its shot is that a normal parts store request, or a Jbg, dennis carpenter type of thing?

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bingo. sorry for the confusion. I was not able to get to this today, rain and a day of pheasant hunting got in the way!

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, I debated on posting this, but I figured you can all point and laugh at the newbie....with that said I figured out the solution to the problem....

fuses. that is all. :toothless

·
Registered
30 Posts
for future reference,autozone.com has some wireing diagrahms.the ones on PJB are better but they are sworn to secrecy to paying members :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts