Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok y'all,
Here is the latest in this new bronc of mine problem. Ok, tried to pull the codes and guess what, nothing with KOEO, however with KOER I get code 84, 92 and 98.This being said, I also noticed that the fuel pump doesnt stop running after prime. Could this be my hard short?Also what in the hell is shift soleniod 2?
Any takers on this one?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here we still are

Ok boys. I replaced the relay and the regulator and yet the pump still keeps running.:banghead. Any ideas please!!!!!:whiteflag

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
The EEC tells the fuel pump when to run, via a 12V signal to the coil. If that terminal is getting power from the EEC, its not the relay. But CHECK IT!!! Dont just assume I'm right. Measure the voltage at all 4 terminals on the relay and post up the results

I usually dont say this, but since you arent even getting code 11 (normal) during KOEO, I would suspect a bad EEC. But ppl smarter than me can chime in on that subject.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured enough to get answers, why you bored :)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will run that idea out and get back to ya. Thanks again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I always start with a quick code check these days , whay, I dont know just a check if I missed something starting point. Anyhow, brought the Bronc to op temp and started my KOEO test and guess what? No codes, wont read, checked connections and they are fine . So is this something new to deal with or is it part of my fuel pump running problem as a few have pointed to? Could it really be an EEC problem and if it is how do ya check it?:banghead Now to top it all off they are calling for snow later this week.Global warming my butt!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I figured enough to get answers, why you bored :)?
That attitude gets you less help here. :thumbup

Read the guidelines, don't start multiple threads on one problem, it makes people who know the solutions much less likely to help.

Also, yes, we've already determined global warming is a lie, that's why we all still drive broncos that get <15mpg.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
just making sure i'm up to speed the EEC - electronic engine control module. located on the dizzy?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
just making sure i'm up to speed the EEC - electronic engine control module. located on the dizzy?
No, your EEC is mounted in your firewall and controls ALL powertrain functions. The module in the side of the distributor is the TFI module, and the later TFI modules weren't located in the distributor after 92 (I think), and were located on the driver corner fender.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry didnt mean to offend. I guess you have to watch how you jerk chains around here. Again I am sorry, just trying to get info on this problem.Oh and for the record, I did search alot!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
No, your EEC is mounted in your firewall and controls ALL powertrain functions. The module in the side of the distributor is the TFI module, and the later TFI modules weren't located in the distributor after 92 (I think), and were located on the driver corner fender.
ah, reading while sober is better eec IV 60 pin or eec V 104 pin, PCM- powertrain control module. been meening to check mine for rust.

thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts