Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dashboard lights suddenly went out on my 94 Bronco. All other lights
are fine. I replaced the fuse, no help. I can still use the dimmer switch to turn on/off the interior dome light, but the dshboard lights are totally out.
My understanding is there are 5 bulbs for the dash, so I'm sure they did not all go out at the same time. Sound like a wiring problem, or could the dimmer switch still allow the dome to turn off/on but not be able to light the dash?

thnks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine did the same thing...pull the switch all the way out, then push it in really slowly about 1/4 inch or less, mine come on if I do this...and I need to replace the switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
same thing

I had the same problem with my dash lights. I even got pulled over because my tail lights were both out. Apparently they are on the same fuse.

My problem was traced back to a bad ground in the trailer wiring behind my liscence plate. It caused the fuse to blow every time i put a new one in.

Like the others said, track down all the grounds you can.

-Ruke

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Headlight switch......well known issue with these trucks. It is yet another part I will need to get a hold of and keep one or two on the shelf for backup!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thnks for the responses- How in the world do you get the old knob and switch out?- I've never had to replace one of these b4-It doesn't look like you can reach up underneath the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts